Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mook's Turn at a Wagon Restore/Rebuild

THE Mook

Good Afternoon!

I recently found out someone very close to me is having baby #1.  Being that it's so important to me, I figured what better gift to give my new Niece or Nephew a Rebuilt, Repainted, Slammed Radio Flyer!  LITERALLY just picked it up less than 30 mins. ago.  LONG way to go here with my goal in mind, but I have like 7 months :lol:

Plans:

• Sand or Blast body
  • Paint Body Satin or Gloss Black
  • Re-logo and Pinstripe Body
  • Re-Clear Body
  • Chop suspension so that it rides as low to the ground as possible.
  • Re-assemble.

Clearly this is my first tango with something like this.  If anyone has any advice, shoot!

post-2561-0-31066500-1383598495_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mook@Adams

Actually, seeing that they won't use the wagon until the child is probably 1 or more, you have a LOT more time than you think.

If your intention is for them to use it to haul a kid around on walks I'd extend the sides up or put seats front and rear facing.   If you're going to lower it, make sure you extend the handle.  I know that being only 6 feet tall, that I have to lean to pull them, so lowering them will make it worse.  

Is it going to be used or made to look at?  Don't go overboard on the paint!  Personally, I'd have it powder coated for strength. 

Chris

Actually, seeing that they won't use the wagon until the child is probably 1 or more, you have a LOT more time than you think.

If your intention is for them to use it to haul a kid around on walks I'd extend the sides up or put seats front and rear facing.   If you're going to lower it, make sure you extend the handle.  I know that being only 6 feet tall, that I have to lean to pull them, so lowering them will make it worse.  

Is it going to be used or made to look at?  Don't go overboard on the paint!  Personally, I'd have it powder coated for strength. 

Chris

I have a painter friend that's doing this up, so this will be done properly!  Don't know how well I can pinstripe over Powder...

Thanks for the insight Chris!  Both my sis and her man are shorter than I am...I may end up putting a padded seat in in there with a hod rod motiff.

Edited by Mook@Adams

For the record, you can do just about anything with powder as you can with wet paint.  You won't get the depth or shine, but you'll get paint that can deal with much more abuse.  IE: flaking and chipping. 

You're doing an awesome thing Mook! Good luck and I know it will come out great. Take your time and research everything. There are a lot of options for these things that you can incorporate into yours to stand out.

I had some help from one of my friends back in SoCal to fabricate some parts for the wagon I built my son then purchased the #32 Radio Flyer off Amazon then sold off the stock parts I didn't need. The end results was exactly what I wanted. He's been cruising everywhere with my in it since he was 4 days old and he's 4.5 months now.

It snaps necks when we hit the car shows with it.

Wagon1_zps475876f6.jpg

Wagon2_zpsd0e84638.jpg

You're doing an awesome thing Mook! Good luck and I know it will come out great. Take your time and research everything. There are a lot of options for these things that you can incorporate into yours to stand out.

I had some help from one of my friends back in SoCal to fabricate some parts for the wagon I built my son then purchased the #32 Radio Flyer off Amazon then sold off the stock parts I didn't need. The end results was exactly what I wanted. He's been cruising everywhere with my in it since he was 4 days old and he's 4.5 months now.

It snaps necks when we hit the car shows with it.

Wagon1_zps475876f6.jpg

Wagon2_zpsd0e84638.jpg

That is a kit that can be bought.  

http://www.bajawagon.com/cuwasuki.html

Edited by LFairbanks