Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tips on a first Detail Job

ChristianHT

Question

I just placed my first order and was going to be doing my detailing this weekend but found out one of my items is out of stock :( I ordered  the Orange Microfiber Cutting Pad 7, White Microfiber Finishing  Pad 7, Paint Correcting Polish, Paint Finishing Polish, Quick Sealant and Detail Spray. Do I need a wax also? If so do I seal before or after the wax? 

13 answers to this question

What about detailing clay?

You're also going to want to get suitable micro-fiber towels.

(Be sure to use separate MF towels for removing different grades of polish so you don't mar a fine finish by buffing it with a MF towel containing residue from a cutting polish.)

Edited by Nevada Smith

I have a Claybar and received most of my order, my Paint Correcting Polish is out of Stock :( and my Orange Microfiber Cutting Pad was not in my box. I will give the guys a call and see if they just ship that when they ship my Polish. Do guys wash off the car after you claybar? I do want to detail the inside my car also and was thinking of getting Total Interior Detailer?  

Some people wash after claying, some don't. It's a matter of preference and what the situation calls for so the DS doesn't dry on the finish (it can be a bit stubborn to remove if that happens). What I do is, while the car is still wet from washing/rinsing, clay a panel at a time, keeping a waffle weave towel over my shoulder and I mop up the DS and water when I finish the panel.

If you're looking to do your interior and it is already in good shape, then a bottle of TID will put a huge smile on your face.

What about detailing clay?

You're also going to want to get suitable micro-fiber towels.

(Be sure to use separate MF towels for removing different grades of polish so you don't mar a fine finish by buffing it with a MF towel containing residue from a cutting polish.)

Shouldn't need to use separate towels for removing Adam's 2 step system. The "cutting" properties should break down and should have just residue left over from each. You should be able to use the PFP right over the PCP the wipe off then residue after both steps are completed.

Edited by Aholder

Shouldn't need to use separate towels for removing Adam's 2 step system. The "cutting" properties should break down and should have just residue left over from each. You should be able to use the PFP right over the PCP the wipe off then residue after both steps are completed.

That's what I was thinking