Customer Service 866.965.0400

Winter Prep.

HemiRam5.7

Question

Hey Guys, new to the forum here. Nice to be around people that love detailing and cleaning vehicles as much as I do. I will be ordering Adams, as I have yet to use any of the products,but I have heard nothing but great and positive things about all of it, so its time I join the party. So I apologize if this topic was already brought up somewhere on this forum. Could anyone recommend steps/products from Adams that will protect my truck from the winter season? I know alot of people enjoy the quick sealant.I am game for anything you recommend, from shampooing, clay barring, waxing etc.. In advance, thanks for the help and again sorry if this was already a topic. I look forward to using Adams.

Edited by HemiRam5.7

13 answers to this question

Right now no, I will not be using a machine polisher but I know it is the way to go. I will be sure to get one though, I will probably just use the hand applicators for now.

The truck is constantly outside, it is my everyday driver. But it still looks like the day I bought it (only a year old but still.... haha) The color of my truck Chris is Flame Red.

I have watched plenty of videos, I would just like to know what people recommend of what they found best to use/do before the winter.

Oh, sorry.  I thought you were looking to get started with EVERYTHING.

I think most of us just do a regular detail, clay, polish, seal, glaze, wax, etc. before the winter sets in.

I'll definitely clay, polish,seal and wax! Looking forward to trying the product. Thanks roger!

Sounds like you are on the right track, after claying I would use QS, for the best protection and I think that your red paint  would benefit from a coat of say Americana over the QS. Post up some pics when done.....I have a 2011 Ram Sport (Silver).

Oh okay, I will have to get some Americana ordered as well! I love how the red looks when cleaned.

I will post some pics when I get it done, looking forward to it! Thats awesome Chris, I hope you love your sport as much as I love mine (2013 Sport)

Edited by HemiRam5.7

Ive used both combos:

- machine super sealant+Glaze+Americana

-Quick sealant + Glaze+ American

and so far I think I like the quick sealant combo better. I like that you dont have to wait as long to layer other products and I really like its performance. Its aresol makes it convenient to apply to tight areas. However, I like the machine sealant because with the machine it was easier to apply and remove, IMO.

Nonetheless, you will be impressed with both products.