Customer Service 866.965.0400

PermaPlat Paintguard

tonysal

I am expecting to take delivery of a new Dodge Challenger R/T Classic in the near future.  I have purchased many of the Adams products (car wash, sVRT, Waterless wash, Detail Spray, clay bar, etc.).  I have already signed up for the dealer installed PermaPlate paintguard protectant.  I hope I did not make a mistake.  My plan is to clean the car, clay it, re-clean and detail spray before application is done.  Does anyone have an opinion on the PermaPlate product and whether my plan is a good one?  What about care after PermaPlate Paintguard application using Adams products?

I'm going to have to agree with Chase...albeit, a blind guess as I know nothing of the product.

How much did you pay?

What does it cover?

If you want to go permanent paint protection...and IMO, not have any fun detailing....you can do it for $75. 

I took a quick look at their site, if it had warranty info I would have some confidence. They don't provide any warranty or maintenance requirements, it is a nice money maker for the dealer. Pick up some quick sealant and apply that to your new car and you will be much happier and have better protection.

Cancel the package and pick up an ultimate machine kit, will save you in the long run & your R/T will thank you for taking such good care of it!

I am embarrassed to say but suffice it to say that it is quite a bit north of $75.  The PermaPlate Appearance Protection program includes Paintguard, Leatherguard and Fabricguard.  The Paintguard portion "..guarantees that the treated exterior painted body panels will not be damaged by weather-induced fading, oxidation, loss of gloss, or surface rust caused by industrial fallout or become permanently stained by bird driopping, insects, water-spotting, tree sap, acid rain, road salts, de-icing agents, ocean spray or paint overspray."  It goes on to state "...reserves the right to attempt to repair any damaged through surface reconditioning (professional cleaning and/or detailing) prior to repainting any surface".

I am seriously thinking that you are all on target suggesting I skip this.  Thanks for all of your input.

Tony...you can handle anything the paintwork throws at you...Scotchguard the interior...immediately order a full set of WeatherTech digital fit liners...and leather care is a piece of cake. 

It's up to you brother, but just like most extended warranties and add-ons, they are pretty much 100% profit.