Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Daily Driver?

garyslanes

I am looking for a new daily driver, and I am hoping to get some suggestions from the fine folks here on Adam's forum.  I have never had an SUV, but think the added room would come in very handy, but I drive 30,000+ miles per year, so I need something economical on gas and reliable.  For the last 12-15 years, I've had Honda's because of their fuel efficiency and great reliability, but I really like the new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.  The new Acura MDX is also an option.  Does anyone have any suggestions, or have any feedback to share on these vehicles?   Thanks.

I recommend a used Honda, Toyota, or BMW X3. Used for obvious reasons. (Get a "certified" one if you're hesitant about buying used.) And their reliability is very high.

ETA: Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon, MPG be damned!

Edited by Nevada Smith

so I need something economical on gas and reliable.  

My input here is limited to my SUV experience...we have a 2014 Ford Explorer Limited...wife has averaged 17.3 with a combined stop and go/highway miles for the first 700 miles (roughly 40 per day). 

:2thumbs: Sorry, I have no experience with anything else :)  Here's a quick search of top MPG SUV's to get you started :banana:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/best/bestworstEPAtrucksNF.shtml

That's a good reference!

Jeep has some impressive MPG ratings: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymake/Jeep2014.shtml

Surprisingly some of their gas engines are comparable with their diesel (e.g., 28 vs. 30 MPG)