Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best way to dry the vehicle.

IowaEmt1991

Question

So lets say I do a full correction on the car. Week goes by and I decide to wash it. I always use the proper 2 bucket wash.  I get the majority of the water off with a drier, but my problem lies in the towel dry.

After the majority of the water is gone, I wipe it down with a great white and some DS. However, in the right light I can notice minor imperfections left behind from the towel. Is there anything thing I can do, maybe a different a method? Or is that just kind of how it goes?

Thanks.

15 answers to this question

Now the Great White itself <not that I've ever seen> will scratch clear coat on it's own.  That begs the questions:

Is your towel totally clean?  ie. Do you re-use it multiple times between washes?  If so, my recommendation is use it once, they still get dirty for the most part IMO.

Do you have exceptionally soft clear?  If so...Have you tried the blotting method?  ie.  Just blotting the standing water, not applying any pressure.  I personally grab the corners if I can, and drag it across the surface.  On the verticle panels, I fold it 4x's over so the pressure I'm applying is distrubuted evenly and not concentrated in one spot. 

While the blotting method is the safest, I do however understand that it is more comfortable to wipe to some degree to take advantage of the Details Spray...kind of buffing it off. 

Towel is always used only one. Its a factory Pontiac clear, so I am unsure of the hardness. I will give your methods a go though.

Thanks.

Not my method Eric :)   If it works, I'll take the credit though, lol.  The blotting method should serve you well if it is indeed the towel, it's the safest method I know of, if you have to use a towel. 

Not my method Eric :)   If it works, I'll take the credit though, lol.  The blotting method should serve you well if it is indeed the towel, it's the safest method I know of, if you have to use a towel. 

Blotting works like a champ if you discover you're leaving behind micro-marring or as a way to avoid it in the first place.

Buy the master blaster. Follow the master blaster up with the detail spray/great white combo. Or I will go as far as since the master blaster did its job, follow up with detail spray/ single or double soft microfiber.

agreed also if your fully corrected with a fresh coat of wax you should be able to do a water pooling and then hit it with the blaster

Buy the master blaster. Follow the master blaster up with the detail spray/great white combo. Or I will go as far as since the master blaster did its job, follow up with detail spray/ single or double soft microfiber.

Once you try the master blaster, you will never towel dry again. I use the darn thing to dry my truck, cars, boat, atv....everything! I even use it to blow out my a/c drain line every few months. Not to mention it's on sale for 15% off and free shipping this weekend. You can't go wrong. If you really wanted a little extra shine, like stated above I would hit the vehicle with DS and a microfiber like SS or double soft towels.

Edited by tony97gt

Pooling method!!!!!

Has everyone forgot? The pooling method removes the large clusters of ester drops on the paint quickly and easily. After rinsing and before towel drying use a piece of old hose (About 1 ft long) with a quick release and the shut off valve to control the water flow... Set the flow kind of low and start at the top of the panel and go side to side working it down the panel. Then towel dry, then use a master blaster, then towel dry again!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WAmb9DWdnFc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWAmb9DWdnFc

Edited by Kingsford

Are you using the towel dry? It helps to dampen it before use. This is what I do: I wet it down, squeeze the excess water out, fold it in fours, spray some detail spray directly on the towel, dry the car down normally making sure the towel is clean and finally buff it dry with a plush microfiber towel to get rid of the streaking.