Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW 2015 Chevy Colorado

Chewy

What are your thoughts on the new truck?  I must say, I like it!  IMO, it's better looking than the full size truck up front, but I like a more swept back look.  This looks like it's more of a "world" vehicle design though.

Copied and pasted from AutoBlog:

Chevy's return to the midsize pickup segment has been a long time coming, kicking off when word of the not-for-America 2012 Colorado broke (although that debut was followed up by a quick announcement that a US-spec Colorado was in the cards). Now, the Bowtie brand has come back with a striking new pickup, which will represent the first American brand in the midsize pickup segment since production of the first-generation Colorado and GMC Canyon ended in 2012.

To say the old Colorado was mediocre would be offensive to mediocre things. Its hard, rattly, plastic interior and anemic powertrains turned customers off, pushing them into the arms of either Japanese challengers from Nissan and Toyota or up the chain into a Silverado. This new Colorado looks to be a far, far cry from its namesake.

It's a strikingly handsome truck in the flesh, with nice proportions and a certain muscular tautness that the boxy first-gen model could never hope to replicate. We weren't able to get a great look at the cabin, but it looks leaps and bounds better than the previous truck, although we'll need to actually get in and play around before rendering final judgment.

Under the new Colorado's hood sits a standard 2.5-liter, four-cylinder engine making 193 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque. Chevy is promising that peak torque in the 2.5 will be available between 2,000 and 6,000 rpm, although that number will likely have nothing on the promised 2.8-liter, turbodiesel four-cylinder promised for 2016. If outright power is your top priority, a 3.6-liter V6, complete with 302 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque, will be an optional extra.

Pricing for the Colorado's three trim levels - WT, LT and Z71 - will be announced closer to its fall 2014 launch. We'll follow up as soon as that information becomes available. In the meantime, we've got a gallery of live images above and two videos plus a press release from Chevrolet

Opinions? 

post-19-0-23570400-1384983687_thumb.png

post-19-0-45458600-1384983693_thumb.png

post-19-0-92800000-1384983697_thumb.png

That 2.8L diesel will put out at least into the 300lbft area for tq.  If they can make it not rattle your teeth out of your mouth, and make it affordable, it'd be the motor to have! 

I'd be interested in the diesel version.  This seems the same as the Holden Colorado that they've been selling in Australia (built in Thailand though) for the last few years that I've always thought would be nice to be sold here.  I'd like to get a truck again at some point so I don't have to use my G8 in the winter, but I don't really need a full-size pickup.  However, all the current small trucks here have gasoline engines and gas in a truck just seems sacrilegious to me. 

at first glimpse i thought it was a  Tacoma.  But it looks nice.  Nothing exciting.  

I agree.  Take of the badging and it looks like an import, especially the lines around the side window area. 

Not bad looking, but it's too big. I always liked the S-10 (made locally) because it was a real alternative to a fullsize truck for folks that wanted something smaller. With the Colorado (made locally until GM shut down the plant) I don't see why you wouldn't just buy a Silverado, etc.  At least with the former Colorado, it wasn't much cheaper when similarly equipped, and the fuel economy wasn't game-changing. Don't get me wrong, midsize trucks are perfectly adequate for most people's non-commercial use. But again, for the small money difference I can't see passing up the extra power/capability/comfort of a fullsize.

Sorry for sounding so negative.

Not bad looking, but it's too big. I always liked the S-10 (made locally) because it was a real alternative to a fullsize truck for folks that wanted something smaller. With the Colorado (made locally until GM shut down the plant) I don't see why you wouldn't just buy a Silverado, etc.  At least with the former Colorado, it wasn't much cheaper when similarly equipped, and the fuel economy wasn't game-changing. Don't get me wrong, midsize trucks are perfectly adequate for most people's non-commercial use. But again, for the small money difference I can't see passing up the extra power/capability/comfort of a fullsize.

Sorry for sounding so negative.

All they need to do is put a Diesel in them!  THAT would be GREAT for small trucks.

I dig it. 

Crew cab with the new 5.3 or 6.2 truck engine and 6 speed please

I doubt they'll do something like that with the 3.6L putting out 300bhp.  What would make a nice SS version is the 3.6L TT engine, but that also won't happen.  

Full size trucks are bigger than ever.  My RAM dwarfs my late '90s F150 and is at least 8" wider I bet.  

A decent sized smaller truck where I don't have to be dang near touching the other people in it is what I want as a family man needing a truck to haul stuff.  The S-10 and S-15 were good for the time, but times have changed.  

I doubt they'll do something like that with the 3.6L putting out 300bhp.  What would make a nice SS version is the 3.6L TT engine, but that also won't happen.  

Full size trucks are bigger than ever.  My RAM dwarfs my late '90s F150 and is at least 8" wider I bet.  

A decent sized smaller truck where I don't have to be dang near touching the other people in it is what I want as a family man needing a truck to haul stuff.  The S-10 and S-15 were good for the time, but times have changed.  

Fair point, and I agree that half tons are ridiculously huge these days. I guess my earlier post argued that the Colorado was too close to fullsize, but I didn't take into consideration that fullsize is now oversize.

But I still wouldn't give up my Sierra for one.