Customer Service 866.965.0400

Deep Wheel Cleaner as Clay Lube?

fito

Question

I know it sounds ridiculous, but if you are using Adam's DWC as a decon (on a white car) is there anything wrong with claying the area while the bleeding is going on? The DWC is plenty slick. I tried it today with an old piece of clay I was getting ready  to throw away and it seemed to work pretty well. 

7 answers to this question

As the others have echo'd - not a good idea. 

DWC as a paint decon spray is fine, using your clay with it won't give it the dwell time it needs to pull any iron particles off the paint as well as destroy your clay and leave your hands a stinky mess. 

I see where you're coming from though... it would double your decon processes into one step. Good idea in theory to save time, just won't really make any sense in execution. 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Thanks for all of the responses.  I went ahead and did it anyway only because I was using old clay that was almost ready to be thrown out. I did use gloves and only did a couple of panels at a time to prevent drying.

In a previous post Dylan had mentioned that when using DWC as a decon over large areas you can dilute 50/50 to save product (just have to give it a little more dwell time but works just as good as full strength) and that's exactly what I did. If I felt that a panel was drying on me I would spritz it with plain water to reactivate. The DWC is extremely slick.  I keep 1 bottle full strength and 1 cut 50%. But, yes you guys are right, not a good idea with good clay. However, it did, as Dylan mentioned above, make my decon process a single step instead of two. At least this time :)