Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams to the rescue

tony97gt

Question

A few weeks ago my wife informs me of a mystery substance on the hood and driver side quarter panel of her 2008 BMW. Due to poor weather and too much work, I paid no attention to it until yesterday when I washed her car. There were about 10 white spots across the hood and a few on the panel, which appeared to be maybe bird droppings from a high angle (more like a spray than a pile). I washed the car and it didn't remove it. So today I got a little aggressive and tried wiping with detail spray and microfiber,nothing. Denatured alcohol,nothing. Acetone,nothing. Clay bar,nothing. Paint finishing polish,started to notice a slight improvement. Went to paint correcting polish with orange pad, after about two passes it came up. So I hit both areas with a few passes of correcting polish and finishing polish. Then quick sealant and brilliant glaze and two coats of Americana (face melting combo). Looks good now.

6 answers to this question

Thank Dylan, it looked flawless in the garage with the lack of direct sunlight, but when I got it outside in the sun I noticed quite a bit of micro scratches and some left over etching from water stains. I think what might have happened with the scratches was when I used a double soft to remove the residue in between polishes, I think I might have introdcued those scratches. But I do know that the direct light reveals everthing. So I'm debating if I go into a polish with the severe swirl remover then step up to the correcting polish and finish polish, or if I go back over it with the correcting and finishing and try out the microfiber pads to see if that cuts better. What's your advice here?

Gonna slap on some of that new Liquid Sealant too that I just ordered!