Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW! Adam's Rinseless Car Wash (discussion)

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's Rinseless Car Wash Discussion and Question Thread: 

ADAM'S RINSELESS CAR WASH

• Wash Anywhere, Anytime, Without a Hose
  • High Tech Polymers Prevent Scratching and Swirl Marks
  • Highly Concentrated Formula 
  • Dilute Into A Spray Bottle To Make Waterless Wash

Sometimes washing your vehicles isn't easy. Weather, water restriction, or access to a hose can make keeping your ride clean almost impossible. Other times you just don't want to have to drag out a hose and go through an entire wash process. Luckily Adam's Rinseless Car Wash is a solution thats easy to use, safe, and can be used virtually anywhere at anytime!

Advanced lubricating polymers and emulsifiers allow Adam's Rinseless Car Wash to safely and effectively remove dirt, grime, and dust from your vehicle with nothing more than a bucket of clean water. The formula lifts contamination away from your delicate paint and encapsulates it allowing it to be wiped away without risk of scratches or swirls. Thanks to the highly concentrated formula just 2 ounces of Adam's Rinseless Wash, a couple quality microfiber towels, and 5 gallons of water is all you'll need to clean your entire car from top to bottom! 

Because there is no running water, hose, or need to rinse away soaps you can clean your car anywhere at anytime! Those cold winters in parts of the US make using a hose and bucket in your driveway not only uncomfortable, but dangerous. Use Adam's Rinseless Car Wash to clean your entire car in the comfort of your garage and never worry about a mess. Live in an apartment complex where a hose isn't easy to access? Just fill a 5 gallon bucket with water and wash your ride anywhere without fear of scratches or need for running water. Even if you live with water restrictions in the summer your vehicles can remain spotless the entire season without ever needing a hose.

What about the times you just need a quick touchup? Maybe your car is only lightly dusty and you need a solution to wipe it down. Adam's Rinseless Car Wash also makes a fantastic spray on waterless wash product! Simply dilute a few ounces with water in a spray bottle and you have a fantastic waterless washing solution, great for removing dust for a quick wipe down without swirl marks. 

Our highly concentrated formula can be used for up to sixteen rinseless washes or makes over 250 ounces of waterless washing spray making Adam's Rinseless Wash not only economical but friendly on the environment by utilizing less water and creating zero run off like a regular hose and bucket wash. 

110% guaranteed by Adam's industry leading satisfaction guarantee to be the best product of its kind we're sure you'll love Adam's Rinseless Car Wash and so will your cars.

Instructions for use: 

Adam's Rinseless Wash is a super concentrated multi-use cleaning chemical that can be used for both rinseless and waterless washing techniques. Safe for all exterior surfaces, this pleasantly scented liquid will have you washing your car safely with less water, faster than ever before. Guaranteed to be the finest waterless and rinseless washing product you've ever used! 

Instructions For Rinseless Washing
1. Prepare two 5 gallon buckets with clean water and grit guard bucket inserts.

Instructions For Waterless Washing
1. Mix approximately 1oz - 2oz of Adam's Rinseless Wash concentrate with 32oz of clean water in a spray bottle, shake well to mix. 

2. Spray mixture liberally onto the panel to be cleaned, saturating any dust, dirt, or contamination. 
3. Using an Adam's Waterless Wash towel wipe gently in a straight line from one end of the panel to the other. 
4. Flip or fold the towel to a fresh side and repeat until all cleaner has been removed from the surface. Use a separate, clean, dry towel to remove any streaks or excess residues. 
5. Repeat the process on each panel, completing the vehicle above the mid-door line first, then the lower sections, saving wheels till last. 

Edited by The Shine Doc

Do you have to dilute the rinseless wash with distilled water to make waterless wash? Or just tap water. Does it make ant difference or a waste of $$$$$$$$$.

I personally think its a waste unless your area is notorious for terrible tap water. It's not like your going to let the product dry on the surface so you don't have to worry about minerals leaving water spots. I do however usually get my mixing water out of my filtered refrigerator door water dispenser to get the best of both worlds.

I personally think its a waste unless your area is notorious for terrible tap water. It's not like your going to let the product dry on the surface so you don't have to worry about minerals leaving water spots. I do however usually get my mixing water out of my filtered refrigerator door water dispenser to get the best of both worlds.

If you do have bad water (and I do) I think distilled water is a good idea.  And it's not very expensive.  I'm willing to bet that the water used in most of Adam's products is at least filtered.

We use Distilled in our floor steamer, detailing steamer and my wife's hair steamer :) .  Since we always have at least a few gallons on hand, I dillute all my products with it...just because I guess.  In the Rinseless buckets...I agree with Chase, it's probably overkill unless you have some really bad (like iron infused) tap water.  My old house in Virginia had water so bad that if the sprinkler hit the siding on the house for 5 minutes it would be red/orange, haha. 

How long will the solution keep in the bucket (sealed with the gamma lid)? If it looks clean, can I use it over the course ofa couple days on different cars (or maybe the same one)?

I've used the same mixture a max of 2x... not saying it couldn't be used more, but that was how far I felt comfortable. It was about 2 days apart and the 2nd day (might have just been in my head) it didn't feel as 'slick'.

To that end... give it a shot and see how it does. I have no specific answer.

Do you have to dilute the rinseless wash with distilled water to make waterless wash? Or just tap water. Does it make ant difference or a waste of $$$$$$$$$.

Like the others mentioned... unless your water is HORRIBLE its probably not needed. I've used tap with no ill effects.  Deionized or filtered water is always going to be the ideal stuff, but its not necessary.

How long will the solution keep in the bucket (sealed with the gamma lid)? If it looks clean, can I use it over the course ofa couple days on different cars (or maybe the same one)?

I was able to get 5 washes done in one bucket of solution.  Did the first 4 on a Friday, left some towels in the juice over the weekend just to see what would happen (nothing), inspected the solution on Monday, tested a small portion, and then proceeded to go on without having to add anything to the original mix.  

That said, that's all arbitrary based on how dirty the first vehicle is, and so on.   This stuff is still really hard for me to drop the anxiety and just use.  However, it exceeds my expectations every time!

One to keep in mind is that over time the color will disappear.  It mixes up a nice blue, but after a day or two it turns white.  

Hmmmm, wonder if this happens if you are mixing WW gallons with the Rinseless using the 8 oz : 1 gallon dilution?  I happen to like the pretty blue color in the Waterless bottles

I, for one bought the product in order to give myself the option to use on an occasional winter basis where maybe I don't have a "filthy" car but I do want to be able to get the film, salt dust, etc off and leave a smooth, clean surface.  And I also bought it to do double duty to mix myself a new gallon of Waterless Wash (obviously that I am mixing with a gallon of distilled).

Haven't used it in a rinseless wash scenario in the garage yet but I will be soon, it was warm enough on Sunday to get to the coin-op and do a proper 2 "adam's style" bucket wash on my wifes car, so I did that.  Now my X5 is so filthy from driving through the last snowstorm yesterday I really want to get back there and do a 2 bucket on mine.

What i'm wondering is what you do with the wheel wells, tires, etc with the rinseless product?  Since we are talking in a rinseless scenario that you'd be in your garage doing this, its not like you are spraying your wheel wells/tires etc with APC and then cleaning them off with a wipedown of Rinseless solution, or are you?  I wouldn't really trust my good microfibers to "winter time" wheel wells anyway, just was wondering!  Or are we satisfied on just spraying down our wheel wells with a rinse, pressure hose, etc and knocking the crud off, then going home to mix up a bucket of Rinseless and do the rest of a proper cleaning?

Washed the GXP in the garage yesterday morning. I'm very impressed with the product! Definitely need to use a sprayer for the back and lower portions of the car. I will probably start using my stash of blue towels instead of the whites. I only had one negative issue..........
I need a bigger garage!!

Edited by GXPaycheck

I guess that would work, or you could always do a wipe down in a separate bucket with some water + APC and a couple cheapo sponges/rags to do the fender wells and tires, and then just do the wheels with whatever's left (after a pre-soak) of the rinseless solution and a MF towel, then dry as normal and allow the tires/fenders to air dry as normal.

I'm hypothesizing this all as if i'm doing this in my garage in the middle of winter, and want to do a complete job.

I can't wait to start using this. I'm almost out of the waterless wash but I did order a gallon of the rinse less wash.  

I use the waterless wash for the day after I wash when the truck is dusty. Stuffs awesome looking forward to trying this new stuff out- specially since I bought a gallon lol.  You know I'm a believer.

Alright so I used rinseless for the first time yesterday, my non-biased review is as follows:

I'm definitely a believer in the product, it works as advertised.  We had a storm on Tuesday which dropped 3"-4" of snow in the area, and I decided to drive my X5 to work that day.  Got a ton of snow, slush, salt and crap thrown on it from driving to and from work.

That evening after the snow stopped around 4 PM I went 10 mins up the road to the local coin op, while the trucks were still out salting :laugh:, just to knock the major stuff off, but I still got stuck behind people throwing up slush, etc, so when I parked my car in the garage for the night, there was still some water, slush, salt, etc, no major chunks or debris though.

Fast forward 2 days and my garage isn't heated so there was still some water sitting on the surface, and the fact that it was salty water put some water spots on, I thought it was a great idea to try out Rinseless, if for nothing, to get a clean surface and keep that salt from attacking my coat of sealant!

I followed Dylan's instructions to a T basically, I have no double softs but I have about 6 towels from an Adam's dealer which are close to the equivalent of a single soft, although a bit thicker and with a longer nap.  I soaked 4 towels in my solution bucket, with about 2 oz of Rinseless, probably 3 gallon worth.  Both buckets were with warmer water from the basement.

From the middle of the door panels down, as well as the rear bumper, back hatch, front bumper areas, all got a HEAVY pre-soak spraying of Waterless Wash in order to loosen up any standing grit on the surface.  Every panel got at least a pre-spritz of Waterless, so I wasn't taking a towel to a dry panel (the concept still scares me, and more lubrication is better always!)

I started with the roof as I knew some solution would dribble downwards, went around the whole roof in 4 sections, cleaned my wash towel twice, and then spritzed with Detail Spray and dried.  Looked nice, some of the water spots are quite stubborn though and will come off with a proper Car Shampoo wash, I'm sure.

Then I did the windshield, dried it, did the hood, dried it, then I departed from Dylans video slightly.  Since I had 4 wash towels soaking, I spritzed the whole left side of the vehicle (fender, two doors, and rear quarter),  I worked from top down on the whole side, using each side of the towel, and when the towel was fully dirty, I put in the rinse bucket, grabbed a fresh towel from the wash bucket, and continued, until all 4 towels were dirty and spent.  This enabled me to do the whole side of the car without stopping, and I could dry all at once!  I rubbed each towel individually against the grit guard in my rinse bucket and returned each one individually to the wash bucket afterwards.  Basically one towel got me through the quarter panel, one towel for the fender, mirror, and top of drivers door, one towel for glass and top of rear door, and one towel for the lower part of the fender and both doors.

Then I went on to the rear, used 2 towels for the rear hatch, and 2 for the rear bumper.  Then cleaned all and returned to rinse solution, and went to the front bumper to do that.  After the whole car was washed and dried, I used one wash towel for each wheel and gave the tires a wipe (no APC), and dried the wheels individually.

The whole car was dry at this point so I just took an extra fluffy microfiber and got rid of any streaks (there were barely any) and attacked any remaining water spots with Detail Spray to give it that just washed shine.  Then I went over the Glass with Glass cleaner and was done.  Went down to my double slop sink in the basement and WOW, the amount of crap that came out of my rinse bucket was UNREAL, but my solution bucket was 99% clean, and that's exactly what you want with good technique, all the crud in rinse bucket only, that's how you know you are doing it right.

I was taking my time getting to know the product and going slow, probably took me about an hour from start to cleanup.  But it does as advertised, not a single new scratch or swirl, and besides the wheel wells/tires, is probably 95% of what I could do with a hose and a 2 bucket wash!  However I really cannot stress enough proper technique.  As long as you are cleaning the towels often enough in a rinse bucket and/or use multiple ones like I do, you should be fine.  And remember, very light wiping pressure!  You're not applying compound/polish here, just normal hand pressure and wipe, no hard rubbing and you should be fine, just follow Dylan's instructions.

Amazing product guys.  I'm going to mix a new gallon of Waterless wash this weekend as well with it, because after using as a pre-soak I'm almost through with my gallon.  Love this product and highly recommended!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Jason, great in-depth review.  I am VERY particular as are the rest of us, which is why we are here after all!  I used RW today for the first time on my SS and I have to say I am instantly converted from a WW fan to RW forever.  I will never perform a WW again.  My car was 5-6 rain shower filthy, with the road filth to boot.  I am trying to get rid of my WW, so I used that as my pre-treatment and used the multiple towel method with no rinse bucket.  My car is now impeccably clean, no streaks.... absolutely beautiful, especially after a DS wipe down.  Dylan, you guys amaze again.  I was hesitant, but said what the heck, and used the SS as the trial run.  Thats the confidence I have with Adams, and I wasn't led astray one bit! Very impressed, and will use all of the time, without reservation.  Gallons please?  Lol, thanks guys!

used the rinse less for the first time today along with the new blue towels.  Very nice results.  Car had a week worth of DD dirt on it and it cleaned up very nice.  I used 2 buckets (one with solution one for rinse) with 2 towels.  Worked great.  Will continue to do this over the winter months, much nicer washing in the garage vs the cold.  

@irish, glad to see and hear bout your satisfaction as I was!

I'm ecstatic about the product bc think about this, how many times during the year you are thinking to yourself "I have plenty of time to clean the car today and I'm not going anywhere" but either it's raining or the temps are too cold? Happens to me all the time! Take for example in Jersey right now it's scheduled to be 65 degrees the next 2 days but raining both days! I'm going to rinse off with a hose in the driveway, then pull in the garage and do a proper rinseless wash!

Then Christmas Eve its sunny and high temp of 35, but I'll have clean cars in the house for the holiday thanks to Rinseless! Without it I'd have to brave the 35 degree temps in the driveway and wash on Christmas Eve!

And as well I wouldn't get rid of Waterless completely if I was you, it still has plenty of uses for me, I clean my door jambs with it, use it as a pre-soak like you do, and use it when claying occasionally.

I may have misunderstood you, perhaps you meant you don't have to buy separate gallons of Waterless anymore bc u can dilute rinseless. I just mixed a fresh gallon last night of Waterless, 8 oz of Rinseless to a gallon of distilled water! The fact that its two products in one makes it worth the purchase to me!

I won't give a full, blow-by-blow recount, but I did want to share my observations. I haven't used any competitor's products, and I have been very hesitant to use a Rinseless product. I figured that everything from Adam's has worked so well, I couldn't go too far wrong.

I followed Dylan's video instructions, and one double soft for washing was plenty for my dusty DD. I was also fine using just one single soft to dry. (I skipped the wheels and did them with some old, dirty work towels).

One thing I haven't read in the reviews, but I spent time considering, where to leave a wet edge. I found that it worked well to go just past a panel wet, and only dry the panel. Otherwise, I would pick up dry dust on the drying towel.

The best part -- my DD is a new edge Mustang GT, and it has all of the scoops and gaps that hold water when I wash. With the Rinseless Wash, I was able to minimize the amount of water in all those spots, and it saved a lot of time drying, and retrying the drips.

Since I like to keep my cars clean, I can see this will be a big part of my routine from here on. BTW, I made up 3 gallons and only used 1/2 gallon on the whole car. I put the gamma lid on my official Adam's Polishes bucket, and I'll use the rest for minor touch ups this week.

Big thumbs up to Dylan and the gang!

Love the rinseless wash.  We had a fairly good sleet/snow early in December along with lots of road salt.  Used coin car wash to knock off the big stuff...except wifes car used the 6 inches of rain in 24 hours plus her car was not driven in the mess.  Very pleased with the results and even put on a layer of wax to top the sealant already on the car.  Never done that before in December.  Thanks Adams!

Tried the Rinseless Wash on Sunday and I will admit I was a bit skeptical.  Went to the local coin op and knocked all the big chucks off as well as doing the undercarriage.  It performed well above my expectations.  I did the windows as well and was impressed as to how clean they came out.  No need to go back over them with glass cleaner.  Another must have product in your Adams product line up.  :2thumbs: