Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW! Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant (discussion)

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant Discussion Thread: 

1014.jpg

ADAM'S LIQUID PAINT SEALANT

• Our Most Durable Polymer Protection Ever
  • Apply By Machine or By Hand Easily
  • Incredibly Reflective Shine and Lasting Protection
  • Sets Up Fast And Applies Easily

At Adam's we're always working on improving our products and a large part of that improvement process is listening to feedback from our customers. The development of Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant is another example of our team taking customer input and making improvements to our product line. 

Customers told us they wanted a product that didn't require long cure times and could be applied by hand for the times they didn't want to pull out their machine polisher and pads to apply protection. Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant delivers on both points!

APPLY BY MACHINE OR BY HAND - still color coordinated to the Adam's Machine Sealant and Waxing Pads, Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant goes on quickly and easily using your Flex, Cyclo, Porter Cable or any similar detailing machine. For those not working with a machine the new formula goes on just as easily by hand, using one of our soft foam or microfiber applicator pads. The formula spreads evenly and easily, sets up quickly, and the residues remove easier than ever. 

NO MORE LONG CURE TIMES - our previous generation product required 30 or more minutes to setup and wasn't ready to be topped with other products for at least a day. Now, with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant, you can apply and remove the product as fast as it hazes up and layer immediately for additional protection and stunning results. Now you can apply our most durable product in a matter of minutes, not days! 

The acrylic polymer formulation provides some of our most durable protection to date, withstanding the harshest seasons and harshest detergents better than any product we've offered before. The benefits don't stop with the longevity alone... independent testing had customers raving about the gloss and rich, rock hard, shine left behind by Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant. 

Backed with Adam's 110% Satisfaction Guarantee, we're sure you'll find that Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant will be your new 'go-to' product for keeping your paint protected and looking its best! 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

I have a tendency to drop the microfiber pads. Can the Paint Sealant be used with the Americana Wax red applicator and/or yellow applicator?

Update: I watched the video again and Adam said that the textured applicators can be used so answer is yes. 

Edited by BMWguy206

YOU GUYS ARE GONNA CRAP YOUR PANTS WHEN YOU USE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Hmm.  Need to prep area around car so I can have a toilet to sit on so I don't ruin any clothing.

I just did a face melter correction on my car last weekend and I went right for QS over MSS since I didn't feel like waiting for it to cure so long and the ease of application and removal.  Topped it with BG and Patriot and it looks amazing.  If it can look even deeper or wetter then I'll be really impressed.  Silver is a different color to get looking facemelter but right now it's like the paint is glowing.  If it glows even more with the new LPS, good-ness me...  I may have a big garage night light! :)

Can't wait to try this out!

And it is purely.....110%.....the most absolutely.....slippery & shiny stuff I've used to date!!!!! 

You've peaked my interest.  Just curious, what other sealants have you used prior to this so we can better understand the comparison you are making?

I'm a big fan of sealants and how slick it feels after removal.  If this is slicker than my current go-to sealant I will switch!

This may be a dumb question...

I know the video said no cure times... Does this mean no 18 hour cure time after removal, before application of say Americana?

That is correct. Once you apply/remove the Liquid Paint Sealant, you're good to go with your choice of LSP

NO MORE LONG CURE TIMES - our previous generation product required 30 or more minutes to setup and wasn't ready to be topped with other products for at least a day. Now, with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant, you can apply and remove the product as fast as it hazes up and layer immediately for additional protection and stunning results. Now you can apply our most durable product in a matter of minutes, not days! 

You guys are killing me.  First I buy the clay, then out comes the new clay like a week later.  Bought MSS last month and son of a....here is a new sealant.  Anyone else want to see a product upgraded?  I almost guarantee a new version will be on the way after I buy the old one.  :P  :rolleyes:

Edited by Antv20

You guys are killing me.  First I buy the clay, then out comes the new clay like a week later.  Bought MSS last month and son of a....here is a new sealant.  Anyone else want to see a product upgraded?  I almost guarantee a new version will be on the way after I buy the old one.  :P  :rolleyes:

I say grow yourself a beard, then next month Dylan can unveil Beard 2.0!

Im glad this liquid paint sealant is now available!!, sucks I have a full bottle of machine sealant though... :(

Still use it up Cheston...if your name is consistent with your ride and it's White...I doubt the gloss difference is that substantial...nothing you'll notice anyhow.  Machine Super Sealant is still a good product from every review I've read. 

New Paint sealant can be applied by hand. What would happen if I applied Machine Super Sealant by hand?

Sorry - sometimes I can't help myself....

I've applied MSS by hand to hard-to-machine areas many times.  Works great.  I think Adam's recommends you use a machine because it's tough to get a thin, even application of MSS by hand.  If it's not thin and even it can be hard to remove.  It's designed to apply by machine so that's what they recommend.

All rules can be broken as long as you understand the trade-offs.

The big issue with MSS by hand presented itself on darker colors.

Inherently when you apply product by hand there will be highs and lows, a machine is much better at spreading things thin and even. 

With the highs and lows of application by hand you would see what I refer to as 'tiger stripes'... a very clear visual of the pattern you applied in, highs would look darker, lows would look lighter. It wasn't a good look. 

In tight spots, this isn't an issue, but across a hood, or a whole door panel, its very noticeable. 

Can anyone comment on the increased durability of this compared to the MSS?  The descriptions and discussion seem to be vague on this topic.   I know there are a number of factors that impact length of protection (element exposure, etc.), but I was wondering how much more protection you get by using this product all things being equal.

For example, if you have two cars that have same exposure, etc. but one was treated with the MSS and the other with LPS... would you expect 10, 20, 30% etc. longer protection?

MSS typically lasted 3-4 months per application on an average daily driver by most accounts. Some people saw more, but around 4 months would be fair. 

Our testing of LPS showed that it can easily hit that 4 month mark and we can promise upwards of 5-6 in most cases. 

I did some accelerated detergent testing of LPS vs MSS and it showed in every run thru that the LPS held up longer than MSS. 

We aren't intentionally vague on these things, its just that you can't predict everyones situation and making a promise of time when there are so many factors becomes a dangerous thing to do when you promise absolute satisfaction.