Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW! Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant (discussion)

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant Discussion Thread: 

1014.jpg

ADAM'S LIQUID PAINT SEALANT

• Our Most Durable Polymer Protection Ever
  • Apply By Machine or By Hand Easily
  • Incredibly Reflective Shine and Lasting Protection
  • Sets Up Fast And Applies Easily

At Adam's we're always working on improving our products and a large part of that improvement process is listening to feedback from our customers. The development of Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant is another example of our team taking customer input and making improvements to our product line. 

Customers told us they wanted a product that didn't require long cure times and could be applied by hand for the times they didn't want to pull out their machine polisher and pads to apply protection. Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant delivers on both points!

APPLY BY MACHINE OR BY HAND - still color coordinated to the Adam's Machine Sealant and Waxing Pads, Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant goes on quickly and easily using your Flex, Cyclo, Porter Cable or any similar detailing machine. For those not working with a machine the new formula goes on just as easily by hand, using one of our soft foam or microfiber applicator pads. The formula spreads evenly and easily, sets up quickly, and the residues remove easier than ever. 

NO MORE LONG CURE TIMES - our previous generation product required 30 or more minutes to setup and wasn't ready to be topped with other products for at least a day. Now, with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant, you can apply and remove the product as fast as it hazes up and layer immediately for additional protection and stunning results. Now you can apply our most durable product in a matter of minutes, not days! 

The acrylic polymer formulation provides some of our most durable protection to date, withstanding the harshest seasons and harshest detergents better than any product we've offered before. The benefits don't stop with the longevity alone... independent testing had customers raving about the gloss and rich, rock hard, shine left behind by Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant. 

Backed with Adam's 110% Satisfaction Guarantee, we're sure you'll find that Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant will be your new 'go-to' product for keeping your paint protected and looking its best! 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Nothing wrong with MSS.  People get all mad when the new stuff comes out like the old product is now useless lol.  MSS is still a really great sealant!

I am very happy with mss but like the fact the new sealant doesn't have a long setup time. That is really helpful since I don't have a garage.

If both of those products last that long (I am doing my wifes tuxedo black,Ford Focus Titanium tonight with machine super sealant) what type of "upkeep"will I need to do since it's a daily driver? Less wax,no wax, brilliant glaze for a quick shine,for 4 months,is that possible not to need to do anything during that time period besides washing it and using detail spray for shine?Just curious.

If both of those products last that long (I am doing my wifes tuxedo black,Ford Focus Titanium tonight with machine super sealant) what type of "upkeep"will I need to do since it's a daily driver? Less wax,no wax, brilliant glaze for a quick shine,for 4 months,[bold]is that possible not to need to do anything during that time period besides washing it and using detail spray for shine?[/bold]Just curious.

Theoretically, yes, but not for a detailer. :lol:

Edited by Tim

If both of those products last that long (I am doing my wifes tuxedo black,Ford Focus Titanium tonight with machine super sealant) what type of "upkeep"will I need to do since it's a daily driver? Less wax,no wax, brilliant glaze for a quick shine,for 4 months,is that possible not to need to do anything during that time period besides washing it and using detail spray for shine?Just curious.

Assuming you're following good washing habits and using a pH neutral soap (preferably ours) then theres really not much else you should need to do. 

Of course, as mentioned in the video extreme heat, sun exposure, weather, and time outside all cut into the durability of a protective product, so keeping it garaged will help a ton as well. 

I had the veeeeeeeerrrrrry great pleasure of testing this product.  Dylan knows I'm honest about things.  If there's something I don't like, I'll say it......

YOU GUYS ARE GONNA CRAP YOUR PANTS WHEN YOU USE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So easy to go on.  So easy to take of.  And it is purely.....110%.....the most absolutely.....slippery & shiny stuff I've used to date!!!!!  ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!!  What you feel under the towel, will blow your freaking mind.  Carry on.......

Just got me really excited to receive my package on tuesday. By the looks of this post it seems like you like it haha.. Just got me pumped up about it too 

That would be a great combo / order of operations.

Even with 2 layers already on. Americana will still be able to grab to the surface? 

I have never used americana, how big of a difference will it make on a red car compared to buttery?  im going to get the 6.9 oz anyways but just wondering

Even with 2 layers already on. Americana will still be able to grab to the surface? 

I have never used americana, how big of a difference will it make on a red car compared to buttery?  im going to get the 6.9 oz anyways but just wondering

Brilliant Glaze and American will make red pop like no other.

I have never used americana, how big of a difference will it make on a red car compared to buttery? im going to get the 6.9 oz anyways but just wondering

Americana is great on a red car

That exact combo looks fantastic on my red Camaro.  I think you'll be quite happy with it.

New Paint sealant can be applied by hand. What would happen if I applied Machine Super Sealant by hand?

Sorry - sometimes I can't help myself....

I've applied MSS by hand to hard-to-machine areas many times.  Works great.  I think Adam's recommends you use a machine because it's tough to get a thin, even application of MSS by hand.  If it's not thin and even it can be hard to remove.  It's designed to apply by machine so that's what they recommend.

All rules can be broken as long as you understand the trade-offs.

Like Beemer, I have done this on hard to machine wax areas as well with great results. As Dylan said, you wouldn't want to do this on a large panel because of the reasons he gave. But, before QS came out, I applied MSW to my new wheels for the 350Z prior to mounting them. I also kept the coat thin to avoid potentially having difficulty removal.

I can't wait to go through the remainder of my MSW and whole bottle of MSS. The new cure time and shine and durability of the new liquid Paint Sealant is incredibly appealing!

I haven't been on the forums in months and look at what I am welcomed back to. I've gotta get some of this for sure!

I loved how MSS filed in surface damage without leaving a white crusty residue (not all clients want to pay to have their paint corrected :-/ ).

No need to worry about having leftover MSS to use. I just apply it early in the detailing then go on to the interior or another vehicle while it cured.

Wow! I'm still typing. Time to load up the Adam's shopping cart.

Ordered a bottle of this on the Black Friday sale. Looking forward to trying it out to see how it stacks up against MSS, QS and a competitor product. Really hope the longevity has improved for intense sun applications as the MSS hasn't done well for me on a dark colored car that is in the Florida sun all day.

The quick cure time is a definite plus, making it easier to do quicker turn around on details.  :2thumbs:

Just to address a repeated question I've been getting via email and forums:

"I love MSS and the cure time didn't bother me. Did you guys sacrafice longevity to make it easier to use?"

Absolutely not! This was a full new product. The only thing that carried over from MSS is the color... everything else is 100% new juice!

It lasts longer, goes on easier, and has less cure time. So don't worry! If you loved MSS, you'll love LPS even more since it will do everything MSS did even better and be easier to work with at the same time!

Love the product, but the licorice scent, I have to be in the middle on this one. It is one of those scents you either love or hate.If its already the desired color Adams wants, how bout changing the scent to "black cherry" and leave the product color the same. Maybe it's just me???????

We played with a number of scents, remember that its not just as simple as dump a bunch of perfume in and it smells like something, you have to choose fragrances (in a lot of cases) that play with with the existing base of the product itself. A perfect example was DWC.

In development we tried scents like cinnamon, wintergreen, lemon, and the only one that played nice with the funk of the base chemicals was the Cherry, and even that doesn't fully mask the reactive odor.The wintergreen was so bad that when I sprayed it the first time mook started dry heaving from about 20ft away. To say it was offensive would be unfair to the word offensive, but its a perfect example of why we can't just make any scent work with any product.

Another one is the reformulation of Detail Spray... no matter what we did, we couldn't match the scent exactly because part of what made the scent in the original version was the chemical itself and how it blended with the fragrances we added. Changing the chemical meant changing the scent.

The only way to overcome things like this is to just add obnoxious amounts of the fragrance to the point that the scent drowns out the product, but then you have a product that has such a strong smell that it will linger for much longer than people want and leave you smelling like you jumped in a vat of that product for days.

Of the various scents we tried Black Licorice was the only one that really smelled like it was supposed to after the blend, it somewhat makes sense color wise, doesn't smell like anything else in the line, and didn't create some nasty odor by accident. We purposely didn't make it super strong either, because we know its a bit of a polarizing scent for some people.

Personally I hate the flavor of black licorice, but I somewhat enjoy the smell. In the LPS is subtle enough that you can barely notice it while you're working with it, unless you're just sticking your nose on the pad.

Just some insight, we do spend a good amount of time on fragrances. Its often times much more complex that it seems it would be.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Received my container of liquid sealant today. So had to give it a try on a set of alloys that are getting ready for summer.

Must say, this is another Adams product that I'm already loving... Easy on and easy off and the shine is excellent. Hope that it holds up on the barrels as well as Americana as just have to use some APC and a quick swipe of a towel followed by a good rinse. And no more brake dust.