Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW! Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant (discussion)

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant Discussion Thread: 

1014.jpg

ADAM'S LIQUID PAINT SEALANT

• Our Most Durable Polymer Protection Ever
  • Apply By Machine or By Hand Easily
  • Incredibly Reflective Shine and Lasting Protection
  • Sets Up Fast And Applies Easily

At Adam's we're always working on improving our products and a large part of that improvement process is listening to feedback from our customers. The development of Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant is another example of our team taking customer input and making improvements to our product line. 

Customers told us they wanted a product that didn't require long cure times and could be applied by hand for the times they didn't want to pull out their machine polisher and pads to apply protection. Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant delivers on both points!

APPLY BY MACHINE OR BY HAND - still color coordinated to the Adam's Machine Sealant and Waxing Pads, Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant goes on quickly and easily using your Flex, Cyclo, Porter Cable or any similar detailing machine. For those not working with a machine the new formula goes on just as easily by hand, using one of our soft foam or microfiber applicator pads. The formula spreads evenly and easily, sets up quickly, and the residues remove easier than ever. 

NO MORE LONG CURE TIMES - our previous generation product required 30 or more minutes to setup and wasn't ready to be topped with other products for at least a day. Now, with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant, you can apply and remove the product as fast as it hazes up and layer immediately for additional protection and stunning results. Now you can apply our most durable product in a matter of minutes, not days! 

The acrylic polymer formulation provides some of our most durable protection to date, withstanding the harshest seasons and harshest detergents better than any product we've offered before. The benefits don't stop with the longevity alone... independent testing had customers raving about the gloss and rich, rock hard, shine left behind by Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant. 

Backed with Adam's 110% Satisfaction Guarantee, we're sure you'll find that Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant will be your new 'go-to' product for keeping your paint protected and looking its best! 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

What do you recommend as an applicator for applying this product by hand? The video shows using a microfiber applicator pad, but also says you can use one of the foam applicators. I have read in other places that you shouldn't use microfiber to apply sealants. If foam is the best, can I use the same one I have used in the past to apply quick sealant?

Any 'wax' applictor will do. Americana hex grip, micofiber block, mini americana app, yellow hex grip, etc.

Where I think you're getting confused is the use microfiber polishing pads - those are not used for application of anything, only polishing.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Its really up to you... I'm not a '10 layers of everything' proponent.

If you're going to do wax I'd stop at one layer, if you're looking for more protection and not so much enhancement double down on the sealant and be done.

That makes perfect sense...I know with the MSS it took way to long to throw down 2 applications so I always jut put Americana on the next day.

I am more worried about long term protection and such...so I will more than likely just do 2 layers of the new sealant. I can't wait to get my order in.

I finally got a chance to try the Liquid Paint Sealant this past weekend.  I ended up applying it via DA with a 5" pad.

Smell:

The product, as you may have read, smells of black licorice.  Although I don't like the smell personally, it did not bother me much at all when spread thinly by machine.

Color:

The product is also dark grey, much like the previous Machine Super Wax/Sealant.  This pro for me is that with a light colored car, you can sort of see where you've been when applying at first until it hazes over.

Preparation:

It was approximately 75 degrees the day I applied it, with pretty high humidity here in FL.  The car had just been strip washed and a paint cleanser applied via DA, followed by a IPA mix wipe-down.

Application:

I divided the car up into sections, half the hood, each door, half the roof, each fender, trunk lid, each bumper.  I initially fully primed the pad by hand, then subsequently for each panel, I reloaded the pad with a nice "x" pattern 

Curing:

I let it cure for about 10 minutes, maybe a little less, as I pretty much started removing it after I finished a lap around the car with the DA.

Removal:

With a clean MF towel in each hand, folded in fourths, I removed the product starting from the hood and working my way back on each side.  I followed this up with a final wipe down using the phenomenal Adam's Double-soft towel to finish it off.  Never did I once encounter a "grabby" area or a slowdown of the towel while gliding over the paint.  It was so effortless and easy that it actually reminded me of the new buttery wax.  Applied to the whole car, I went right over all the glass and rubber seals around the doors and roof with no problems.  Glass was perfectly clear after what I feel is the easiest removal of a sealant, ever.  It did not cause any discolouration of the black rubber seals.  If anything, it darkened them from the previous sealant that got in there.

Slickness:

Contrary to belief, not all sealants are super slick.  Some have a "velvety" feel to it while others feel rather "grabby".  I've used at least one sealant from each camp so I can tell you that this one is definitely situated in the "super slick" camp, which I really like.  Maybe it's the feeling that "nothing is going to stick to it" while you run the back of your hand over the surface with a wide grin on your face.

Look:

Although it looks nice after application and removal, as with most sealants, you can only judge them after a full overnight cure in my opinion, as they always seem to look better the next morning.  This sealant is no exception.  It's got a very nice gloss with a softer type of look to it.  Reflections are nice and clear but not as crisp as some other sealants - a unique look that definitely turns heads and almost tends to scream out, "Look at me, I'm super clean!"

Comparison:

My previous sealant of choice was Menzerna Power Lock.  I have tried quite a few sealants over the years, and each and every time, end up disappointed and went back to MPL.  I loved the ease of removal, the slickness, the crisp, bright reflections that it has.  Suffice to say, I had serious doubts about the Liquid Paint Sealant, being pretty sure that nothing could dethrone it.  Well, I was genuinely surprised.

The Liquid Paint Sealant was actually easier to remove than MPL, believe it or not.  I didn't think it was possible.  While MPL sometimes grabbed the towel initially in certain high spots (think directional pivot points while applying by machine), requiring a few more strokes to completely remove, LPS had none of that.  Zero.  Everything came off with 1 swipe.  Any missed spots were addressed with the Doublesoft towel afterwards.

When it comes to looks, MPL has that sort of "transparent candy shell" look to it, almost as if the car has been wrapped in a clear plastic shell.  The LPS look has more gloss, like the car's paint had been submerged underwater a few inches in a perfectly still pond.  Both are blindingly bright, especially on a white car in bright sunlight.  So bright, in fact, I had trouble looking at it straight on because I'm Asian and I can only squint my eyes so much before I can't see anymore.

I don't know about the durability of LPS yet, but if it lasts 4 months or more like this thread suggests, it will have beaten MPL hands down.  I only got about 1 month at most out of MPL in terms of beading at best, which is about three to four 2-bucket washes a month.

Conclusion:

Pros:  Great look, super easy application and removal, very slick surface tension.  It's got a very unique look on a white car.

Cons:  Black licorice scent isn't exactly my favorite, would have preferred no scent, just chemicals instead.

I feel pretty comfortable saying that I have a new favorite sealant now.  MPL has been retired.

Edited by DaytonaJae