Customer Service 866.965.0400

Review and How-To: Adams Rinseless Car Wash

camaro2ssblack

Question

Intro:

Well now that the cat is officially out of the bag, I wanted to go ahead and post my review and how-to for Adams Rinseless Car Wash.  I was lucky enough to get a sample of this product a few months back to test and provide feedback to Adams.  I am a big fan of rinseless washing in general, so I was pumped when I heard Adams was stepping into this category and looked forward to the opportunity to review their new product.

First of all, let me make it clear the method I use in this review is not exactly the recommended method as shown on their instructional video.  I prefer using multiple plush towels in one bucket of solution instead of using two buckets and grit guards.   I personally like this method better because it assures you are always working with a clean wash media and your wash solution never gets contaminated.  Therefore, the how-to portion of this review will be based on my preferred method.  By all means, please use the method you feel most comfortable with when doing a rinseless wash because as you saw on the Adams video (and hopefully in my review), the same results can be achieved either way.

Before we get started, a little background on the test subject.  The car was two bucket washed and waxed about 3 weeks prior to this review and has since been in the garage collecting dust.  It was taken for a quick drive the day before this review so it has a nice layer of dust and possibly a little road grime.  Below is a pic of the general condition of the paint before starting.

Given the car is not filthy and since the outside temp. was around 35 degrees, a traditional two bucket wash is unnecessary and uncomfortable.  This is the ideal situation for a rinseless wash and it can be done in the controlled environment of your garage.  You save time, effort and resources without freezing your buns off!

How To:

- Start with a bucket of clean water and add 2 oz of rinseless wash.  I like to use warm water during the cold months.

- Mix the solution with your hand or grit guard.

- Add several plush towels (I prefer single softs or similar) to your solution and make sure they submerge and soak completely for a few minutes.

- Remove 1 towel and fold it into quarters letting most of the excess solution drip back into the bucket.

- Divide the car into sections and start at the top of the vehicle making light straight line passes over the area with one side of the towel.

- Inspect the towel often and rearrange and reflip the towel as needed to ensure you are always working with a clean side.

- Once the towel is completely soiled, wring it out and retire it from this wash.

- At this point you need to dry the area you have just cleaned.  A quick wipedown with your drying towel (I prefer great white or similar) should knock out the residue and leave a streak free shine.

- Repeat this process around the car using a new towel as needed.  For reference, I used 4 towels on my Camaro and it took around a half hour to complete. 

I am at the mercy of taking pictures in my garage, but I think you can see the results speak for themselves.  And as long as you use proper judgement, quality microfiber and good technique, your paint will stay as swirl free as possible.

- Use the remaining wash solution and some lower grade towels to do the dirty areas of your car last - like wheels, exhaust tips, etc.  You can use your brushes and such just like you do with soap or wheel cleaners.  Obviously this can only be done safely and effectively if the car is only lightly soiled.  This stuff is not designed to clean heavy grime and brake dust.

Review:

My thoughts on the product were nothing but positive.  I love the smell, color and performance.  It is definitely on par or better than the leading brands in this category because it cleans well, wipes away easily and leaves a nice shine.  You can go to your favorite LSP afterwords or simply follow it with a detail spray wipedown for that "just waxed" look.  The dilution ratios are comparable to other brands and it also doubles as a waterless wash at a favorable dilution.  The only negative I could think of would be the cost per use as compared to the other brands but if your buying and using Adams, your already fully aware its not going to be the cheapest option.  But you know its a quality product and its backed with a 110% guarantee.

Overall I give the product two thumbs up and would recommend it to anyone looking for an easy and safe alternative to the traditional two bucket wash for lightly soiled vehicles.

Please feel free to comment or let me know if you have any questions about the review or process.

post-3334-0-58659200-1385427871_thumb.jpg

post-3334-0-37151000-1385428210_thumb.jpg

post-3334-0-99272600-1385429447_thumb.jpg

post-3334-0-94903000-1385429477_thumb.jpg

post-3334-0-36793300-1385429514_thumb.jpg

post-3334-0-29873400-1385429542_thumb.jpg

post-3334-0-62389400-1385429575_thumb.jpg

post-3334-0-22199900-1385429602_thumb.jpg

post-3334-0-12504300-1385429631_thumb.jpg

post-3334-0-75794600-1385429663_thumb.jpg

post-3334-0-04714400-1385429697_thumb.jpg

post-3334-0-00967200-1385429722_thumb.jpg

Edited by camaro2ssblack

Lots of duct tape.  Get a remote for the Camera, tape your kid to it, and be the director!  Snap the pic when YOU want!  HA!

I just tried your method out also.  Pretty nice!  For someone who has a surplus of towels, this is a Great way to go about it!

Mook

:lol:  :lol:

Yeah I prefer the multiple towel method....its just a little extra piece of mind and you're right - we gotta do something with all these high priced towels we buy!!

I washed my wife's Camaro before the BIG10 (yes, I know there are 12 teams) championship.  Did a pretty quick job with the two buckets, took about 90 minutes.  At halftime, I did my car with the rinseless.

Yes. At halftime.

I'm liking this stuff.