Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Review of Adam's Rinseless Wash

Gen9Rolla

Question

So here’s my attempt at a review of the new Rinseless Wash! I was chosen as a product tester a while back, and a lot of my experience with this product is from back during that time as I started running out of it, and wanted to save it for winter. This was the first email I sent to Dylan during the testing process:

Hello Dylan and the rest of the Adam's team,

First, thank you for the opportunity to test the rinseless wash out, and it’s truly an honor and a great experience to be able to do this for you guys. I received the rinseless wash Saturday, but of course it was raining the last two days, but when I woke up this morning, the sun was shining, it was a cool 75 degrees, and I jumped right outside to do some testing, so here goes.

As a waterless wash:

This was compared to your Waterless Wash, and to be honest, I was very hard pressed to find much of a difference between the two. The rinseless was diluted with 1 oz. of product, and put it in a 16 oz. bottle filled with distilled water, as per the instruction sheet. Using the waterless wash towels, I did the back half of the driver’s side with the rinseless, and the back half of the passenger side with the waterless wash. The rinseless felt very similar in use to the waterless, and they both left a nice shine afterwards. I even went back when I had finished and tried each product on the other side, to see if I could get extra dirt out, or if anything else unexpected would happen, but I experienced none of that. As a waterless wash, the rinseless performed very well, and I was highly pleased with it. It did seem to take an extra pass with the waterless wash towel to be streak free, but this also might've been from the way I was seeing the surface of the car, since I have an off silver (Lunar Mist Toyota paint) it is often hard for me to see streaks, so this might be a non-issue, but I'm trying to list everything I can for you guys. As a waterless wash, it definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

As a rinseless wash:

This was compared to ONR, and right of the bat was a great plus in my eyes for your rinseless compared to ONR, and that is actually seeing the product in the water. ONR has always been nice for me, however I always was worried about how the water in the bucket is still clear, and although you can smell it and feel the lubricity in the water, it’s still a worrying thing that the product might be too diluted to work properly, so having your rinseless actually turn the water blue was a great plus for me. I used singe whites as my wash media, and the great white drying towel for drying. I know the instructions said that plush towels worked best, but I figured most users would use their drying towels anyway, so I figured I'd give it a shot. This time, I did the front half of the driver’s side with your rinseless, and the front half of the passenger side with ONR. I also switched the products as to which side they were on afterwards, but again, noticed no differences. ONR and your rinseless performed very similarly, but one difference I did notice was that ONR tends to be pretty runny, and it likes to drip down the surface, while your rinseless seemed to stick to the surface better. Now, this again could be just a difference of one side being dirtier, hotter, etc., but I used a fairly dirty car (pushing the limits of what I'm comfortable with using a rinseless on) and both worked well regardless. Much like the waterless wash testing, the rinseless simply did its job very well. Even on surfaces that have been in the sun all morning, this includes glass and paint, it worked, and worked well. Once again, the rinseless was great and edged out ONR for me.

Conclusion:

Your rinseless performed great. It is a very solid product, and a direct competitor to ONR and similar rinseless washes, as well as a competitor to your waterless wash. I tried and tried to get negative results, but I wasn't able to. The product just works. The only thing I wish I could've seen better was if it left any hazing or streaking, but I really don't think that it did. You guys have a great addition to the lineup with this rinseless wash, and I was highly pleased using and testing it. Of course I will continue testing it out, and will continue to report my findings.

The only question I have is do you plan on diluting this to quick detailer or clay lube levels? And if so, what dilutions do you think these should be used at?

Thanks again for the chance to test this, 

Justin

Thoughts later on:

Everything mentioned above still remains true for me. I’ve had my sample for testing for a while, and was given about 16oz. of product to test, and I couldn’t help but to keep using it over and over. I had to give it up for a bit in order to preserve my resources though, but now that its officially being released, I can’t wait to go back to it, just in time for the upcoming New Jersey winter! I love using this product, and it certainly lasts a long time, as I still have about two ounces left, and I used this a TON, trying to get it to fail, or produce bad results, but no matter what I threw at it, it wouldn’t back down, and worked each and every time.

As for the question I had mentioned, Adam’s doesn’t recommend using it as a clay lube or quick detailer, and there’s really no need to with how well the Quick Detail Spray works already, so a non-issue entirely.

Sorry I don’t have any pictures, trying to get a camera for Christmas, have my fingers crossed!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy my first attempt at a product review, and do yourselves a favor and buy this stuff now!

Edited by Gen9Rolla

Great review.  I'm looking forward to trying this stuff out.

As for the question I had mentioned, Adam’s doesn’t recommend using it as a clay lube or quick detailer, and there’s really no need to with how well the Quick Detail Spray works already, so a non-issue entirely.

As far as clay lube, it's a pretty significant financial issue.  It's not uncommon to go through an entire 16 oz bottle of clay lube in a session and the difference between $45/gal Detail Spray and a $1/gal diluted rinseless solution isn't negligible.  I love using Detail Spray when drying and as a quick detailer because of the extra shine it leaves behind, but as a clay lube it seems a waste.

Great review.  I'm looking forward to trying this stuff out.

As far as clay lube, it's a pretty significant financial issue.  It's not uncommon to go through an entire 16 oz bottle of clay lube in a session and the difference between $45/gal Detail Spray and a $1/gal diluted rinseless solution isn't negligible.  I love using Detail Spray when drying and as a quick detailer because of the extra shine it leaves behind, but as a clay lube it seems a waste.

I agree completely.  Claying with detail spray is like pouring money down the drain...

As far as clay lube, it's a pretty significant financial issue. It's not uncommon to go through an entire 16 oz bottle of clay lube in a session and the difference between $45/gal Detail Spray and a $1/gal diluted rinseless solution isn't negligible. I love using Detail Spray when drying and as a quick detailer because of the extra shine it leaves behind, but as a clay lube it seems a waste.

I agree with this, but for me personally, I use a foam gun to spray foam over the car and that acts as my clay lube. I definitely see your concerns though, and I'm interested if anyone will test it out as a clay lube. I just feel that if we've all made it this far without anything but Detail Spray to use as a clay lube, then we'll all still be fine!

I agree with this, but for me personally, I use a foam gun to spray foam over the car and that acts as my clay lube. I definitely see your concerns though, and I'm interested if anyone will test it out as a clay lube. I just feel that if we've all made it this far without anything but Detail Spray to use as a clay lube, then we'll all still be fine!

I have been using rinseless products as clay lubes for several years.  The Adam's Rinseless Wash works just at good as a clay lube as the other brands I have.used.  I mix up 32 oz. bottle and refill from that.

I have been using rinseless products as clay lubes for several years. The Adam's Rinseless Wash works just at good as a clay lube as the other brands I have.used. I mix up 32 oz. bottle and refill from that.

Great to know, thanks! Just to clarify, I wasn't saying that it can't be used as a clay lube, but Adam's doesn't recommend it for that use. But it's nice to know that it does work it that manner :)

Great to know, thanks! Just to clarify, I wasn't saying that it can't be used as a clay lube, but Adam's doesn't recommend it for that use. But it's nice to know that it does work it that manner :)

Awesome insight all around folks! At first, I was somewhat skeptical about my "need" for the product since I'm used to going out for a wash whenever needed. However, all of these additional uses and the utter convenience that the product seems to afford makes it a no-brainer to add to the detailing arsenal. Thanks for helping me "see the light"!

The versatility and price point make a rinseless a must have in your inventory IMO. I keep like 3 32oz bottles diluted to waterless strength around at all times.

With WW you might say, "is the car really dirty enough to use a 16oz bottle?". But with Rinseless the cost is almost nothing for that bottle so I use it like its going out of style and my car stays spotless.

I'd like to use Rinseless Wash as a clay lube. I wonder why they recommend not using it as one. Does it have something to do with the wax it leaves behind? 

Also, why are plush (Double Soft towels) recommended?

I'd like to use Rinseless Wash as a clay lube. I wonder why they recommend not using it as one. Does it have something to do with the wax it leaves behind? 

Also, why are plush (Double Soft towels) recommended?

Many people have said that using the rinseless at the waterless wash dilution ratio works fine for clay lube. I believe that the Adam's team wanted to keep the rinseless simpler by not confusing people with more dilution ratios, so a clay lube/quick detailer ratio is not listed. 

Plush towels are recommended to hold more rinseless solution, adding lubricity, and they are softer, which also reduces the chances of scratches. Plus the more towel available, the more dirt that can be safely lifted away. Single Softs work perfectly for rinseless washes, and I'd much rather use them as opposed to the much more expensive Double Softs :)

Edited by Gen9Rolla

too funny that adams says NOT to use this product diluted as clay lube....

every other rinseless wash on the market offers this versatility.  

Is any reasoning offered as to why NOT to use it ?  It cant be because of the protective qualitys, as the detail spray now has wax boosters in it. 

i was really liking the release of this product until hearing this.  I guess Adams wants everyone to keep using the detail spray as a lubricant to keep sales up.  Please correct me if i'm wrong. 

I hope its not because of the "complication" of having mutiple dilution ratios.  That would be an insult to the customers intelligence as even my 7 year old neice can can be taught how to dilute a product at 3rd grade math levels.

other than that, I ordered this new product to try out as I have been impressed with the new formula spray detailer on my black car.  its a fantastic new product and has peaked my interest in trying some of adams other new products.

Is any reasoning offered as to why NOT to use it ?  It cant be because of the protective qualitys, as the detail spray now has wax boosters in it. 

i was really liking the release of this product until hearing this.  I guess Adams wants everyone to keep using the detail spray as a lubricant to keep sales up.  Please correct me if i'm wrong. 

I hope its not because of the "complication" of having mutiple dilution ratios.  That would be an insult to the customers intelligence as even my 7 year old neice can can be taught how to dilute a product at 3rd grade math levels.

other than that, I ordered this new product to try out as I have been impressed with the new formula spray detailer on my black car.  its a fantastic new product and has peaked my interest in trying some of adams other new products.

I would guess the reason is that it is too slick and that you need a little bit of a grabbing action for clay.

completely a guess on the reason.

Although the topic strayed a little...I agree with previous comments regarding clay lube.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Adam's Detail Spray...especially for its native intended use (as a detail spray).  But, for clay lube...I think it is just not cost effective.  When it is time for me to break out the clay bar, I look to more cost efficient lubes.

I asked if it could be used as a clay lube and this is what Dylan told me.

"The 1oz dilution in 16oz of water worked decent enough for me as a clay lube... still trying to find the sweet spot for this use, haven't had the same results repeatable enough to recommend it. "

Honestly, it would probably work fine, but I find that diluted rinseless products don't work as well as most detail sprays for clay lube.

I agree, I wish a clay lube dilution was given for the rinseless, but others have mentioned that the waterless wash dilution works fine for clay lube, so I would go for that.

"Once again, the rinseless was great and edged out ONR for me."

This is pretty much what I took from Justin's review.  Does this assessment justify double the cost for Adam's rinseless?  I know the dilution ratio for Adam's is 2 oz to 5 gal and ONR is 1 oz to 2 gal...but when the price is double, the difference in dilution is lost.  

9.9 times out of 10, the higher price for Adam's products is WELL worth it.  But, if the rinseless is on par or only slightly better than competitors...is it worth it?  For those that have used it...convince me!

Edited by scociny

"Once again, the rinseless was great and edged out ONR for me."

This is pretty much what I took from Justin's review.  Does this assessment justify double the cost for Adam's rinseless?  I know the dilution ratio for Adam's is 2 oz to 5 gal and ONR is 1 oz to 2 gal...but when the price is double, the difference in dilution is lost.  

9.9 times out of 10, the higher price for Adam's products is WELL worth it.  But, if the rinseless is on par or only slightly better than competitors...is it worth it?  For those that have used it...convince me!

Is the price higher? Yes and by a pretty considerable amount. However, there also isn't a higher quantity amount available yet so I would wait until a gallon or higher ounce size comes out before we come to full conclusions on that. Now as far as is it that much better to have it cost double, most likely not. For me personally, I started with Adam's and have learned just about everything from these forums and their videos, so I would rather spend my money here than elsewhere. In the end, the only person who can answer the question of whether or not the cost is worth it is the user themselves. I still have my sample from the testing so for me of course it is :)

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/25516-comparison-new-adams-rinseless-wash-vs-onr/

As I've posted here many many times before... If you're looking for cheap, we're not your guys. We cannot offer the quality of the product we do, packaged the way we do, with the support we do, with an uncondtional money back guarantee and compete on price. If we did we'd have gone out of business a long time ago.

If your only criteria for comparison is going to be 'what does it cost me per oz?' we're simply not going to be on the top of your list. Maybe the made in the USA (including packaging) part doesn't matter to you or perhaps you don't need the guarantee or the support. If thats the case I can only say that our products -according to the impartial reviews- are coming out on top. You'll have to decide if that is enough to justify the higher price for you. Theres nothing wrong with shopping on price if thats what your primary criteria is... we all do that for some things in our lives, but just go in knowing Adam's isn't able to be or trying to be 'the low price leader' on detail products. Thats not our focus and its not sustainable model for us. There are plenty of other guys out there doing the 'cheap' thing.

Remember - PRICE is what you pay. VALUE is what you get for your money. I think we add a lot of value to our products in the form of support and peace of mind, even though the price will regularly come out higher than other products in the segment.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

As I've posted here many many times before... If you're looking for cheap, we're not your guys. We cannot offer the quality of the product we do, packaged the way we do, with the support we do, with an uncondtional money back guarantee and compete on price. If we did we'd have gone out of business a long time ago.

If your only criteria for comparison is going to be 'what does it cost me per oz?' we're simply not going to be on the top of your list. Maybe the made in the USA (including packaging) part doesn't matter to you or perhaps you don't need the guarantee or the support. If thats the case I can only say that our products -according to the impartial reviews- are coming out on top. You'll have to decide if that is enough to justify the higher price for you.

Remember - PRICE is what you pay. VALUE is what you get for your money. I think we add a lot of value to our products in the form of support and peace of mind, even though the price will regularly come out higher than other products in the segment.

Exactly why I'd much rather shop here than anywhere else! Well said!!