Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Review of Adam's Rinseless Wash

Gen9Rolla

Question

So here’s my attempt at a review of the new Rinseless Wash! I was chosen as a product tester a while back, and a lot of my experience with this product is from back during that time as I started running out of it, and wanted to save it for winter. This was the first email I sent to Dylan during the testing process:

Hello Dylan and the rest of the Adam's team,

First, thank you for the opportunity to test the rinseless wash out, and it’s truly an honor and a great experience to be able to do this for you guys. I received the rinseless wash Saturday, but of course it was raining the last two days, but when I woke up this morning, the sun was shining, it was a cool 75 degrees, and I jumped right outside to do some testing, so here goes.

As a waterless wash:

This was compared to your Waterless Wash, and to be honest, I was very hard pressed to find much of a difference between the two. The rinseless was diluted with 1 oz. of product, and put it in a 16 oz. bottle filled with distilled water, as per the instruction sheet. Using the waterless wash towels, I did the back half of the driver’s side with the rinseless, and the back half of the passenger side with the waterless wash. The rinseless felt very similar in use to the waterless, and they both left a nice shine afterwards. I even went back when I had finished and tried each product on the other side, to see if I could get extra dirt out, or if anything else unexpected would happen, but I experienced none of that. As a waterless wash, the rinseless performed very well, and I was highly pleased with it. It did seem to take an extra pass with the waterless wash towel to be streak free, but this also might've been from the way I was seeing the surface of the car, since I have an off silver (Lunar Mist Toyota paint) it is often hard for me to see streaks, so this might be a non-issue, but I'm trying to list everything I can for you guys. As a waterless wash, it definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

As a rinseless wash:

This was compared to ONR, and right of the bat was a great plus in my eyes for your rinseless compared to ONR, and that is actually seeing the product in the water. ONR has always been nice for me, however I always was worried about how the water in the bucket is still clear, and although you can smell it and feel the lubricity in the water, it’s still a worrying thing that the product might be too diluted to work properly, so having your rinseless actually turn the water blue was a great plus for me. I used singe whites as my wash media, and the great white drying towel for drying. I know the instructions said that plush towels worked best, but I figured most users would use their drying towels anyway, so I figured I'd give it a shot. This time, I did the front half of the driver’s side with your rinseless, and the front half of the passenger side with ONR. I also switched the products as to which side they were on afterwards, but again, noticed no differences. ONR and your rinseless performed very similarly, but one difference I did notice was that ONR tends to be pretty runny, and it likes to drip down the surface, while your rinseless seemed to stick to the surface better. Now, this again could be just a difference of one side being dirtier, hotter, etc., but I used a fairly dirty car (pushing the limits of what I'm comfortable with using a rinseless on) and both worked well regardless. Much like the waterless wash testing, the rinseless simply did its job very well. Even on surfaces that have been in the sun all morning, this includes glass and paint, it worked, and worked well. Once again, the rinseless was great and edged out ONR for me.

Conclusion:

Your rinseless performed great. It is a very solid product, and a direct competitor to ONR and similar rinseless washes, as well as a competitor to your waterless wash. I tried and tried to get negative results, but I wasn't able to. The product just works. The only thing I wish I could've seen better was if it left any hazing or streaking, but I really don't think that it did. You guys have a great addition to the lineup with this rinseless wash, and I was highly pleased using and testing it. Of course I will continue testing it out, and will continue to report my findings.

The only question I have is do you plan on diluting this to quick detailer or clay lube levels? And if so, what dilutions do you think these should be used at?

Thanks again for the chance to test this, 

Justin

Thoughts later on:

Everything mentioned above still remains true for me. I’ve had my sample for testing for a while, and was given about 16oz. of product to test, and I couldn’t help but to keep using it over and over. I had to give it up for a bit in order to preserve my resources though, but now that its officially being released, I can’t wait to go back to it, just in time for the upcoming New Jersey winter! I love using this product, and it certainly lasts a long time, as I still have about two ounces left, and I used this a TON, trying to get it to fail, or produce bad results, but no matter what I threw at it, it wouldn’t back down, and worked each and every time.

As for the question I had mentioned, Adam’s doesn’t recommend using it as a clay lube or quick detailer, and there’s really no need to with how well the Quick Detail Spray works already, so a non-issue entirely.

Sorry I don’t have any pictures, trying to get a camera for Christmas, have my fingers crossed!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy my first attempt at a product review, and do yourselves a favor and buy this stuff now!

Edited by Gen9Rolla

X3, the service and support are the keys for me. I would still buy if it were only the quality of the product, but with all the extra's you get from the Team at Adam's there isn't another option for me to consider.

I think Adams pricing is pretty good.  Again your not being forced to buy anything. 

Take a look at the pricing for the Pinnacle brand on AG.  Just check how much a gallon of the crystal mist quick detailer is as well as every product in the line, then check adams prices.  I have no problem speaking my mind on stuff.  The only product that I though the pricing was out of this world on was the double soft towels.  They can be had for half the price all over the internet.  That did not sit well with me.  But now with the blue and gray towels the price is right in line with everyone else.

for the quality of the products and the fact that they just "work" and work well makes the value much higher than the price that you pay....  (although I prefer if you keep the prices the same and don't raise them haha).  

I finally got around to mixing some Rinseless Wash up for a quick wipe down before covering my cars. One ounce and then I filled the bottle with Distilled water. Wow! I thought I could definitely feel an improvement in the surface over how Waterless would have left it. I'm really happy with it as a wipe down product.

Another great job guys.

As I've posted here many many times before... If you're looking for cheap, we're not your guys. We cannot offer the quality of the product we do, packaged the way we do, with the support we do, with an uncondtional money back guarantee and compete on price. If we did we'd have gone out of business a long time ago.

If your only criteria for comparison is going to be 'what does it cost me per oz?' we're simply not going to be on the top of your list. Maybe the made in the USA (including packaging) part doesn't matter to you or perhaps you don't need the guarantee or the support. If thats the case I can only say that our products -according to the impartial reviews- are coming out on top. You'll have to decide if that is enough to justify the higher price for you. Theres nothing wrong with shopping on price if thats what your primary criteria is... we all do that for some things in our lives, but just go in knowing Adam's isn't able to be or trying to be 'the low price leader' on detail products. Thats not our focus and its not sustainable model for us. There are plenty of other guys out there doing the 'cheap' thing.

Remember - PRICE is what you pay. VALUE is what you get for your money. I think we add a lot of value to our products in the form of support and peace of mind, even though the price will regularly come out higher than other products in the segment.

Dylan,

Thanks for the reply.  

I am an avid user of Adam's products and I constantly recommend your products to coworkers and friends.  I do so because of the things you mentioned:  quality, customer service, made in the USA...and the list goes on.  I have been a passionate detailer since the late 80s and the products you sell are the best I have ever used.  EVERYTHING I have used (from Adam's) has been CLEARLY superior in quality when compared to other products.  When you factor in your guarantee and customer service...it is no contest.  I guess that is why I am surprised to see the reviews of rinseless only being marginally better than other products.  I suppose I will have to get a bottle and judge for myself.

Lastly, I hope you didn't take offense to my post...I certainly didn't mean any harm.  I am relatively active in the forum and I love your products, so obviously I think your products demand a higher price.  You have helped me many times over the past several years...I don't want you mad at me!   :)

I've used ONR and Adam's. If Adam's is marginally better, it is like the school kid that set up really really wide margins to stretch a paper to the required length.

I used Adam's for the second time Friday night before heading out to a party to get all the salt off the car. I never had the sense the other one could have handled it. After using Adam's the first time, I knew it would.