Customer Service 866.965.0400

Plastidipped wheels

Laid GP

Question

12 answers to this question

Deep wheel cleaner would be fine - just don't let it dry on the dipped surface!  Going forward, try and keep away from Simple Green...even when diluted...if you're sporting Brembo's:  Aluminum calipers (especially the larger monoblock calipers) and Simple Green won't play nice in the long term.

I would be careful using deep wheel cleaner, try it on a small spot first before u get carried away and soak all wheels. I had my wheels plasti dipped a while back and sprayed some simple tire gloss on the wheel to shine them up, peeled the plasti dip right off the wheel, like it actually melted the stuff. I would think either green wheel cleaner or a sprayable solution of Adams car wash/water might be a safer route with the plasti dip, deep wheel cleaner might eat right through it

I would be careful using deep wheel cleaner, try it on a small spot first before u get carried away and soak all wheels. I had my wheels plasti dipped a while back and sprayed some simple tire gloss on the wheel to shine them up, peeled the plasti dip right off the wheel, like it actually melted the stuff. I would think either green wheel cleaner or a sprayable solution of Adams car wash/water might be a safer route with the plasti dip, deep wheel cleaner might eat right through it

That's because of the harsh solvents used in most tire gloss products - Deep Wheel Cleaner is a sulfur-based solution

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome

DWC will not do that.

Green wheel cleaner has been the best to use on that stuff. One of my customers does plasti-dipping services and he tested a few different products including deep wheel cleaner. The one that did the best was Green Wheel cleaner. There is a spray out there that can be used on it to protect it while still giving the flat look. HydrO2