Customer Service 866.965.0400

Black Ford Fusion Paint

Marylander

I was born and raised a GM guy, but I have to say Ford has really been knocking it out of the park with the paint colors lately. The blues and greens on the Mustangs, the Oranges and reds on the Fiestas and Focus'… and then the other day I parked next to a new Fusion that had this amazing metallic flake black paint -- it looked 2 feet deep. Absolutely gorgeous. Kudos to Ford!

That's a bummer. I had a strange thing going on on my VW paint when I bought it -- there were a few cloudy spots about the size of a quarter on the hood and passenger side door. I went after them with every Adam's product in my inventory and nothing cleared them up. Then about 6 months later I went to look at them again and they were gone -- I think it was just some slow-to-cure bits under the clear coat.

I was born and raised a GM guy, but I have to say Ford has really been knocking it out of the park with the paint colors lately. The blues and greens on the Mustangs, the Oranges and reds on the Fiestas and Focus'… and then the other day I parked next to a new Fusion that had this amazing metallic flake black paint -- it looked 2 feet deep. Absolutely gorgeous. Kudos to Ford!

+1.  I wish that metallic black paint had been an option when I bought my GT500.

I have Tuxedo Black Metallic on my Raptor...absolutely love it! I keep it protected with QS and Buttery. The flake is gorgeous in the sun: shades of orange, red, and gold. But you must take care of it. I've seen plenty of black Raptors that looked trashed in a few years after wheeling. 

And Mook, I'm no expert, but is the clear really that soft? It seems much more durable than my last truck: Galaxy Black Nissan Titan. And much harder than my dad's Obsidian Lexus GS350. 

Every Ford or Mazda I've touched since 2009 has been incredibly like Butter.  Unless they hardened the new stuff up a bit.  Def. not the softest out, but def. soft!

I'm sure you're right. I probably just haven't really dealt with a hard clear coat before so this seems like it's harder than it probably is. 

Not a fan of the metallic in their black paint. WAY too much metallic fort taste with black.

Agreed!! 

The best black I have seen are on the brand new Toyota Camry's.  It has a hint of fine metallic that you can only see in direct sun.  Amazing look imo.