Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay bar mildew

Capehorn3

Question

8 answers to this question

My $.02 If I had no other clay I'd rinse it off with hot water and if any discoloration remains cut it off and discard. Of course I've got about a half pound of clay right now so I'd most likely chuck it.

Looking to see what the true pros have to say...

I agree. If the spot isn't too big, cut it out and fold it a few times and use it. Lesson to be learned here is to never put your clay away wet or damp in an air tight container. I put a paper towel in with mine when I seal it up.

Well, when I folded it up a few times the mildew was only on the outside, small amount. After wash and dry I pulled a bag test and decided not to clay. That Americana has been on 8 months and still shines like just done!

Interesting. Theres nothing in the clay (or the detail spray for that matter) that mildew is going to be able to 'feed on' to grow, so I wonder if maybe in the previous use you picked up some organic material that let it get started.

In any event I'd go with the recommendations the guys made above.

You can also do something as simple as wash it under some soap/water if its only on the surface. That should remove it.

Edited by Dylan@Adams