Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paul Walker dies in a car crash

JHL88

I was thinking it was a hoax at first until I kept seeing it everywhere, then confirmed by more "credible" sources. I saw the picture of the Porsche he was riding in posted by the AP. Wasn't even recognizable. Just awful for something like that to happen to someone who was by most accounts was a genuinely nice guy.

I had to confirm it too through reputable sources. Sadly it appears he has passed. He always did seem like a nice guy who was a fellow car nut. But it looks like he was doing something he loved.

Randy I saw the same pictures. It looks like something out of a movie. The car is completely unrecognizable.

Very sad for him and the person who was with him.

What is getting on my nerves a bit is the constant referral to is as a 'tragedy'.

I can't imagine 2 guys, in an isolated industrial zone, on a 4 lane wide straight, in a Porsche like that were 'taking it easy'.

A tragedy is when an incident (IMO) when the victims were not the cause of their own demise. This is a sad accident, but its not a tragedy IMO.  

I would imagine they were both doing what everyone would do in a GT3 in an abandon industrial zone and lost control.  But I hear what you are saying, IDK.  It's sad either way..for anyone to die young (ok, except for serious criminals, haha).

Very sad for him and the person who was with him.

What is getting on my nerves a bit is the constant referral to is as a 'tragedy'.

I can't imagine 2 guys, in an isolated industrial zone, on a 4 lane wide straight, in a Porsche like that were 'taking it easy'.

A tragedy is when an incident (IMO) when the victims were not the cause of their own demise. This is a sad accident, but its not a tragedy IMO.  

Agreed.

very sad.  Wife got an alert last night on her phone and neither of us believed it, thought it was a hoax.  Both of us loved Paul Walker, loved all the fast and furious movies (other than tokyo drift lol), and really liked a handful of other movies he has done.  What a shame for a young successful movie star to go like this, still can't believe it.  Wife read that they are currently filming fast 7, wonder how that will play out? 

Yes it is sad. I also don't understandbwhy the guy with him isn't being mentioned at all. Kind of like when Ryan dunn wrecked his porsche..

The driver of the car was Roger Rodas who is quite an accomplished driver. He had competed in a Porsche series and was in the Pirelli World Challenge series in his 2013 Boss. 

They were both speed enthusiasts and speed got the better of them on that day. From other forums I am on the Carrera GT is known as the widowmaker as it doesn't have a traction control and with a car weighing 3000lbs and 600 hp in a rear engine car its alot of car to handle, even for the very experienced drivers. 

May both car enthusiasts RIP 

Being former military, this type of publicity starts to get on my nerves.  There are people out there dying every day protecting people's rights and freedom's and not word one is spoken to celebrate their lives, nor is the word "tragedy" spoken to describe their demise.  Its a sad day when anyone passes, and for that I'm sorry to see this happened, but this ongoing press, and tragic description of the event is too much.

Matt, can't agree more. Every time a so called "celebrity" dies, it makes news for days or weeks. Good God, look what happened when Michael Jackson died!  Our troops are true heroes, those who died on 9/11 should be celebrated, those who die from cancer, brain aneurisms, etc should be celebrated. Not these guys who make a couple of movies or sing songs and grab their crotches. What a screwed up world. We need to rethink our values these days.

Being former military, this type of publicity starts to get on my nerves.  There are people out there dying every day protecting people's rights and freedom's and not word one is spoken to celebrate their lives, nor is the word "tragedy" spoken to describe their demise.  Its a sad day when anyone passes, and for that I'm sorry to see this happened, but this ongoing press, and tragic description of the event is too much.

Matt, can't agree more. Every time a so called "celebrity" dies, it makes news for days or weeks. Good God, look what happened when Michael Jackson died!  Our troops are true heroes, those who died on 9/11 should be celebrated, those who die from cancer, brain aneurisms, etc should be celebrated. Not these guys who make a couple of movies or sing songs and grab their crotches. What a screwed up world. We need to rethink our values these days.

Amen.

I'm mixed on all this... Of course it's sad that the guys lost their lives -- and Walker did seem like a decent guy trying to good -- but on the flip side I can't help but think of how many kids and bystanders probably got killed or had their lives ruined after street racing incidents inspired by the fast and furious movies. In a way it's poetic justice. But still sad, as it's a waste of a life.

but on the flip side I can't help but think of how many kids and bystanders probably got killed or had their lives ruined after street racing incidents inspired by the fast and furious movies. In a way it's poetic justice.

And on the flip side of that, how many people have watched the Fast and Furious movies and haven't been involved in street racing because they're responsible people and can distinguish between fiction and reality?

And on the flip side of that, how many people have watched the Fast and Furious movies and haven't been involved in street racing because they're responsible people and can distinguish between fiction and reality?

That would be about every male that survived driving between the ages of 16 and 20. :2thumbs: