Customer Service 866.965.0400

dredded grey floor mats

Chad 07 LTZ

Question

I'm a weekend detailer looking for advice on interior upholstery cleaning. I'm using Adams carpet and upholstery cleaner and I love it for light to mild stains. My problem is those dredded grey floor mats. I spent way to much time sweeping then spraying- scrubbing- and drying the mats multiple times and although they looked much better, they still looked dirty. Thinking about buying a steamer but not sure what brand or solution to use. Any ideas or experiences on this?

11 answers to this question

I was looking at the bissel machine and a McCulloch mc-1275 . Do you have any experience with the McCulloch? Pros / coins?

Works fantastic.

I'll use the steamer and then extract using either my lift off pod from carpet cleaner or a wet/dry vac.

Use it around the house as well or more parts of the car.

*the lift off pod is the same concept as the LGM.

I'm in NorCal...and we have good weather 95% of the year.  Even with the good weather, WeatherTechs went in my wifes Explorer the week after we bought it...it's a great investment.  Depending on where you live...you may be cleaning those things every week, eventually they will wear out from all the cleaning. 

Every time I detail a vehicle with WeatherTechs (digital fit), I pour a little out for the homies, and say a little prayer.  :rockon:  It cuts about 2 hours off of a detail because the carpets are usually spotless underneath. 

Edited by 07RS4

No matter how many times I clean the gray floor mats in my wife's Rav4, they still don't look new (and I use Adams C&U Cleaner), its an amazing product but the deep heavy stains on the gray are the worst.  Even Gray all-weather/weathertech mats get stained.

I bought her a set of Toyota All weather mats for 80 bucks, they are black but they don't look out of place.  Would much rather APCthem and use some protectant on them every time I do the interior, then use a whole 16 oz bottle of Adams Carpet cleaner, 4 microfibers to sop up grime, and 20 minutes brushing them.  Not to mention I have to vacuum the dog hair from the mats first, as he only goes in my wifes car (white hairs on my black interior = no bueno).

I still keep my Carpet cleaner in use underneath and to the sides of the mats keeping those areas clean and such, but it doesn't drive me as crazy to use a ton of Adam's carpet cleaner and still be left with "off-gray" mats