Customer Service 866.965.0400

Kinda funny milestone passed today...

Marylander

Just said goodbye to our last remaining CRT television. 32 inch sony: it was the thing to have 15 years ago. Gave it away for free on craigslist today. Back in the day we must have had 3 CRT televisions and a handful of CRT computer monitors in the house, including the monster 20 inch view sonic one I had on my computer. THAT was a true luxury that cost me about $1200 if I recall correctly.

I'll probably never have another CRT device in my house for the rest of my life. Funny how fast the world changes.

Crazy how it changes.   A couple years ago I threw out my old Gateway Laptop.  It was a 233mhz.   I paid $2300 years ago for it and amazing how a few years later its useless and worth nothing.  Thats technology i guess. Glad the flat screens made there way in. Those CRT's weighed a ton.

Fast?  CRT's have been around a VERY long time.  I personally don't miss them.  I gave my 32" Panasonic Super Flat away to the movers when we moved into our new house.  It worked perfectly and had a great picture.  It was just 100lbs of obsolescence! 

We now have three Samsung flat screens.  24", 32" LCD's and a 50" plasma. 

The plasma is mounted to the wall with all the wiring in the wall so you see nothing.  All the equipment is in the basement so all you see are speakers.  You couldn't do that and make it look as clean as it does now, with a CRT! :)

Those 32-36 CRT's broke many a back moving them.  Our kids still have 3 spare 19 inch CRT with a vhs tape deck in them to use when the LCD is at college.  Have to have something for the grand kids to watch those 100 old VHS tapes on and not interfere with my ballgames.  Now if I just had grand kids. 

Those 32-36 CRT's broke many a back moving them.  Our kids still have 3 spare 19 inch CRT with a vhs tape deck in them to use when the LCD is at college.  Have to have something for the grand kids to watch those 100 old VHS tapes on and not interfere with my ballgames.  Now if I just had grand kids.

I do still have a VHS machine in my basement, just in case. I have some old home movies from when we were kids on tape -- someday I gotta digitize them and ditch the machine.

I have one in my garage, my son still has my Mother's 36".  My daughter still has a 26" CRT in their house as their main tv, but they don't watch much tv so that's fine, but we're giving them a new one for Christmas.    I have a 42" plasma in the living room right now, looking to go to at least 60" for the next one.  They really are eyesores, but they're hard to get rid of because of recycling laws in PA.  I have a 9 CF Freezer in the basement that I can't get rid of because of those laws too.  Freon crap.

I don't feel so bad though.  My buddy  has a 72 "  MONSTER projection tv in his house that's about 4 feet deep.  Remember those? :lolsmack: