Customer Service 866.965.0400

2015 mustang leaked

JHL88

I'll need to see it when it comes out, but right now I LOVE it.  I also like that they're offering it with the 2.3L EB engine.  

I love long hoods and short tails...  

If it's indeed lighter than the current model, has IRS (that's a known fact) and continues with the powertrains they have now, this car will be awesome.  

The interior looks better too.  

hmmmm i'll reserve judgement until production versions are available....   IRS and a GT500 model will be a fun car though with 200lb reduction. 

No GT500 version is forecast beyond the 2014 MY.

I'm kinda disappointed in this new design but I reserve my final judgement until I see it in person

x2.  I'm not fond of what I've seen so far, but want to see it in-person.  In the meantime, I remain very happy I took the plunge on a 2013 GT500.

They still make these things?!?! I lost intrest after 1965. :ph34r:  (I KID, I KID)

** COMPLAINT BOX FOR MUSTANG OWNERS --------------------------------------------- **

I

I

I

I

I

\ /

Edited by JBlack151

Need to see better pics or see in person. For me there are some cool points on the car but based on these pics the outgoing model seems to be more aggressive, athletic and muscular. Ford has done some cool things over the recent few years with some of the other cars but they have also done some very uncool things too in more distant past. Really hoping this isn't a repeat of the mistake they made with the Mustang II (1974). 

Really hoping that it looks better in person.

I heard the are going to kill of the current engine that's in the GT500 (I believe it's the 5.8L supercharged). Why would hey do that? It's an amazing engine and I'm sure they spent tons developing it

You are correct on all counts. The supercharged 5.8L Trinity engine (which is amazing) won't be in available in the Mustang beyond the 2014 MY.  There are a number of reasons speculated for this including CAFE standards and projected dimensions of the 2015 Mustang.  CAFE standards are making it harder and harder for automakers to produce engines like the Trinity, which won't fit between the 2015 Mustang's strut towers.  What isn't clear is whether Ford will continue producing the engine for aftermarket builders or, perhaps, a variant of it for use in other vehicles like trucks/SUVs.

Short and sweet.....................DON'T LIKE IT.

But I'm really disappointed with the news from the Corvette world today about the new Z06. It's coming out in 2015 with the same motor I have in my current car.  I was hoping for around 600 or more hp in the new Z.  505 is okay, but I might have considered a trade for more hp. Oh well. 

I'll still keep the lines on my 96. I do like the 13 and 14 models out of all of the newer pony's but I have a soft spot in my heart for 94-04 body styles. SVT for me 

Not feeling that too much.  I'm a Ford guy and have a foxbody.  The best looking imo are the 13-14's.

I've owned all three styles, starting out with an '89 LX 5.0, migrating to a '97 Cobra, and finally upgrading to a '13 Shelby.  (All three were black, making me a real sucker for punishment!)  I thoroughly enjoyed all of them, but the Shelby is definitely my favorite.  I read a review somewhere that said, in the latest GT500, Ford/SVT had "perfected" the Mustang.  I know I'm biased, but I agree.

Despite all the changes, the styling isn't the radical departure I kept hearing it would be. They did a good job making it look "like a Mustang," but you can tell they made some concessions for the European/world market (not saying that's good or bad, just a design influence). With a car as iconic as the Mustang, you'll never please everyone, but I bet they'll continue to sell well.

Edited by Redbeard

305hp from the Ecoboost engine sounds pretty impressive. 

Yes, but regardless of whether it makes 500hp, I can't get excited about a 4-cylinder Mustang (or Camaro, etc) just on principle. Don't get me wrong, as long as they offer a proper V8, I don't care if they sell a pedal version.  I understand the business case, you have to sell base models to subsidize the performance models. I'm just confused on this since what I've read says the 305hp 3.7 V6 is the base model and the turbo 4 is a premium option under the 5.0. The EcoBoost is fine, but I don't get how it fits with the two current offerings. Maybe it will make more sense when they announce pricing, power, and mpg specs. As with certain aspects of the styling, I assume the EB 4 is largely a nod to the European market.

Edited by Redbeard

The torque on the 4 banger will be higher than the 6 while still yielding better MPG.

The tuners will have a field day with it.  It'll be a lighter upfront giving it closer to 50/50 weight dist. plus you could EASILY get 400HP out of that 4 banger.  

I would also assume the 2.3EB is more for the offshore market.