Customer Service 866.965.0400

Applicator pad still good?

Mamba

Question

I bought new wheels and applied 2 layers of quick sealant on them, but now my applicator pad is much darker and dirty looking than before. The wheels were a matte black, and should not have had brake dust. Is it safe to still use this pad on my car's paint? Or have I just dedicated it to wheel use now? You can see the mini Americana pad next to it for comparison, the colors used to be the same shade of red...

Help, and thanks!

post-9541-0-18710400-1386297373_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mamba

11 answers to this question

Yea... This one was already labeled S for sealant, since I have another one for brilliant glaze. I guess I'll add a W to it, was trying to avoid buying another one or at least grouping products in a logical manner.

whats up with the blue wire ties on the grit guard?

Ha its a little trick i learned from someone else on the forum.  I bought a $4 bucket from lowes and was using it for some time but the grit guard would float.  Added the wire ties and now it presses against the sides of the bucket and stays in the bottom like its suppposed to.  

As long as it's clean, stains won't hurt........

thats what I was thinking, i may spray some DWC on it and see if there are contaminants but I figured i would ask what others thought