Customer Service 866.965.0400

MF Towel Bundle

afmilboy02

Question

I currently have (2) two Adams Great White Drying Towels and (2) two Adams Double Soft Towels and they are great.  For all of my other uses I have cheapo Wal-Mart towels.  With that said, I want to upgrade to a full arsenal of Adams towels. 

What to get?

Is there a bundle package? 

Thoughts?

14 answers to this question

They do have an 8 towel bundle which  I don't see on the store site. I know they have had one because I bought it in the past.   Be sure to check with the local vendors. For example: it looks like Thompson Racing has it in stock.

http://stores.shopthompsonracing.com/-strse-147/Adam%27s-Microfiber-Detailing-Towel/Detail.bok

Mods: If that link is a no-no: OOOPS! Go ahead and delete it.

Edited by sportredmistress

There is a bundle, but with the single softs being out of stock, it is a no go.

The utility towels are fantastic for wiping down door jambs, under the hood, etc.

I use Waterless Wash towels like there is no tomorrow.

Get yourself some glass towels, you'll wonder how you got along without them.

PS, Now that I see Paul's post, I'll just add that Eric is great to deal with.

Edited by Tim

I would still use the cheap towels for your dirty jobs like wheels, engine bays, exhaust tips, door jambs, interior etc. No need in spending several dollars a towel for those purposes. I get a pack of twenty at SAMs for about a buck a towel and they work outstanding for those duties.

Amen, the "Cheapo specials" will always be needed, couldn't justify using a 9 dollar towel to wipe down a dirty *** door jamb.

I have almost 2 of those Home Depot 21 gallon totes filled up with MF towels, between all my polishing, all purpose, drying, and cheapo towels.  I have 5 drying towels, and probably 30-35 other microfibers.  its a bit of a problem I have lol.

Amen, the "Cheapo specials" will always be needed, couldn't justify using a 9 dollar towel to wipe down a dirty *** door jamb.

I have almost 2 of those Home Depot 21 gallon totes filled up with MF towels, between all my polishing, all purpose, drying, and cheapo towels.  I have 5 drying towels, and probably 30-35 other microfibers.  its a bit of a problem I have lol.

Too many microfibers isn't a problem - the real problem is running short on microfibers :) 

Right now I'm topped out at about 200 MF towels, but the way I work it is that I only have about 5-7 of each type of MF towel in "circulation" at any given time.  Once they start to go, I toss them and bring in some replacements.

As far as Adam's towels, I have quite a few of the edgeless utility towels - top notch and they're great!  I grew to like them so much that I now make a distinction between all-purpose and utility so I don't hurt the towels...lol 

I'm the same as you with about 1/5 the collection, lol!

The cheapos get thrown out much more frequently after doing dry APC wipe downs of tires, etc, grimy engine gunk, etc.  Usually my decent (I'll call them mid-grade) microfibers see a few months of use and a few washes, after wiping down door jambs, etc and doing polishing of my exhaust tips they tend to start to show the stains, even after a good MF detergent wash in hot water.  Once they are still showing stains but can clean up nicely, I "retire them" to the house under the kitchen sink, for use in dusting, cleaning the double hung windows (with Adam's Glass Cleaner of course, I buy by the gallon), where they will see a few more months/year of use or more, the house is much easier on the towels for the rest of their life, just dusting and cleaning windows, bathtubs basically.

Once a few towels get "retired" indoors I tend to almost buy more new towels than I retired, so my garage MF collection grows slightly, but it grows nonetheless.

I was in a huge plush towel kick earlier this year so I got about 15 of them, but I find that I only use the really plush towels for removing wax and polish residues.  I enjoy the double sided low-nap/fluffy nap towels (think Adams metal towels) for most duties, and I have a ton of 2-sided low nap towels that work great for interior wipe downs with Detailer and dashboard wiping, as well as glass cleaning.

One can never have too many microfibers, I usually store about 3-4 in the trunk of mine and my wifes car along with a small travel size detail spray and glass cleaner, just in case of Bird droppings or bug splatters on a summer day! (my wife thinks i'm nuts)

I hope you store those in there sealed somehow. Like the rest of your car, dust funds a way, and when you go to use them, Mr. Swirlerson may join your party. This is manly a problem for my SW friends joining me in NM, TX, AZ, NV, SoCal! I won't store pads, brushes, towels... Used or brand new, in my garage for that same reason.

I have one of these which all my towels stay stored in

485c380c-73f5-4338-b0a1-a98f440866a6_100

I also have a smaller one for all my foam/MF polishing pads.  However, this one is pretty full now to the brim, and fairly soon I imagine I'll have to get a separate one, one for all my drying towels (I currently have 5, they take up a lot of space in there, and I'm planning on getting another), and keep the 16 x 16's in a separate container for ease of access for both.

Definitely a must buy though, most will be able to store all their microfibers in one of these containers from HD, $4.97 investment to protect your premium towels.  I have to double check the label on mine but they may even be USA made (I know my Leak-Tite HD Homer 5 gallon wash buckets are!)

All of their towels are top notch.  And just like Baron and others said, the problem is running out.  I just detailed one of our Range Rovers and the Mercedes and ran out of Single Softs in our demo lot (Pays to be a dealer and have more in stock!!).  It kills a detail if you max out the towels.  The liquid products do have an expiration date, but I have towels that are over 5 years old and still work.  If you buy a towel and don't use it for two years, it will be as good as new when you do!  If anything, you will have bought it at a better price!

Thanks for the post Paul, we still offer the towel Bundle and just checked Adamspolishes.com and it is up again on the main site!  if you need help with an order, call Ashley, or contact your local dealer.  We offer FREE shipping, so feel free to bug us.