Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sequence in using Adam products

USMC Vet

Question

I have been using several Adams products for several months now; "brilliant glaze" & "premium paste wax", and have been pleased with the results.  I have been using the brilliant glaze, followed by the carnauba paste wax.  I now have added liquid paint sealant to the mix.

Lately, I have been reading that a paint sealant alone will give me a super shine & protection without using any wax, & actually outlasts any wax I normally would have applied.  Is this correct? 

Now, I am not the sharpest detailer in the world, and am really confused at this point.  After my black '11 Colorado is thoroughly washed, in what order do I apply these products?  And do I want to use all these products?  Just the sealer?  Forget the glaze?  What?  HELP!

Thanks.    USMC Vet

8 answers to this question

1.  Sealant

2.  Glaze

3.  Wax

Short story - Sealant gives you long lasting protection.  Glaze give you a quick "pop".  Wax gives you "depth". 

Do one step, two steps or all three.  Completely up to you.  Most of us around here do all three.  But we're a little crazy...

BTW:  Watch the vids.  They will teach you A LOT.

This is all part of the "madness" that you are sucked into now!  I apply a few light coats of sealant, then light coat of glaze, and then buttery wax.  Bust after reading more and more the buttery wax may not be giving the best pop in this trio, thus resulting in the "madness" of what to do!  Gotta love it and welcome!

Yes, the darker colors tend to most benefit from the face melter {sealant, glaze, wax (preferably Americana or Patriot)}.  The true upgrade is the addition of Adam's new LPS as the sealant in the three step system.  Remember that the prep is the most important part.  Wash, clay, polish, and IPA wipe down prior to the 3 step will really maximize shine/gloss.

Adam,

I just traded in 2007 Chev Suburban for 2014 Acura MDX Graphite Gray and need to protect from all the calcium chloride they are using in town here. I have a new bottle of another brand of acrylic sealant which works well hand applied but i also just purchased your Quick Sealant and applicators.

My question is for longest and best protection should I apply my sealant and then top with your Quick Sealant for extra depth of sealant and then my synthetic spray wax that has carnauba in it? (Need to use this up before I buy your Butter)

Or should I wash MDX and dry and apply Quick Sealant (one coat) and then my synthetic spray wax as topper?

Need to use up my liquid sealant which is acrylic and it says as you add coats of sealant it will last longer and build better shine so thought Quick Sealant Spray would work well as easy to add as second coat and then add gloss with my spray topper carnauba wax with synthetic polymers for lasting topper?

Thoughts?