Customer Service 866.965.0400

Used Rinseless Wash today

tony97gt

Question

So I washed my wife's car yesterday before we went out to a party last night. Low and behold, as we are at the party, it starts to rain. Strangely enough, I didn't find myself as aggravated as usual (not only because I've become used to the fact that if I want it to rain, I need to wash one of my 3 vehicles) because I was happy that I now had a valid excuse and opportunity to use the rinseless wash that has been sitting on my cart. 

I did the two bucket method with the double soft towel, like Dylan did. I also used a SS to dry, as the GWDT felt too dry and rough for the small amount of water that was left on the surface. After all was said and done, I was very pleased with the results. I will say though, that it almost seems like it takes the same amount of time for me to complete a rinseless wash as it does a regular wash. I guess the advantage would be that I'm not using so much water, soap, electricity to run the MasterBlaster, or having to drag out as much stuff into the driveway. 

After I was done with the RW I went over the entire car with DS and hit the tires with another coat of SVRT to make them pop. Everything looked great! Of course it rained again tonight.

I swear the Adam's team has bought stock in mother nature!! :help:

Edited by tony97gt

10 answers to this question

It takes me like a half hour to do a rinseless wash on a car, but when I do a full wash its definitely over an hour, factoring in clean up and putting the hose away and everything. Rinseless washing seems like it is a walk in the park compared to a full wash. 

Exactly.

The less clean up I have for my routine washes the better. 

Like anything else you'll get faster at it as you get more comfortable with it.

There are multiple ways to use it as well, the method of using only one bucket, but TONS of towels is faster, although it does cause you to have to invest substantially in towels to get thru the process.

I find that presoaking with the sprayable mixture, then following with the bucket method helps speeds things up since the contaminatiion is already 'started' to be softened up.

Trade off is it makes a little bit of a mess, and if its below freezing can make things slower as the solution turns to ice crystals.

(not everyone can detail in a palacial garage-ma-hal like Chris Toth)

:D

No worry about freezing here in sunny South Fla. Today's temps were in the 80's, rough winter here.

Like anything else you'll get faster at it as you get more comfortable with it.

There are multiple ways to use it as well, the method of using only one bucket, but TONS of towels is faster, although it does cause you to have to invest substantially in towels to get thru the process.

I find that presoaking with the sprayable mixture, then following with the bucket method helps speeds things up since the contaminatiion is already 'started' to be softened up.

I did try it again today on my work vehicle, and I found I got a little quicker with it. I can see how the single bucket method would be much quicker, but I'd be washing towels left/right with 3 vehicles to keep clean. I'm going to try the presoaking method, need to find a good quality sprayer to invest in.

No worry about freezing here in sunny South Fla. Today's temps were in the 80's, rough winter here.

I did try it again today on my work vehicle, and I found I got a little quicker with it. I can see how the single bucket method would be much quicker, but I'd be washing towels left/right with 3 vehicles to keep clean. I'm going to try the presoaking method, need to find a good quality sprayer to invest in.

Find a good pump sprayer, that's what I use. So much nicer than having to pull a trigger over and over. 

Is that the one that comes with the long "wand" nozzle ?

No, they do offer that model but I got the short nozzle one. I haven't officially used it yet, but I filled it up with some water and tested out the spray. Seems to be a pretty good spray pattern and the bottle/nozzle seem pretty sturdy. I think they are made on Germany, not China. I'll post up some pics soon.