Customer Service 866.965.0400

SVRT on running boards

WillSin865

Question

8 answers to this question

I love the SVRT and would recommend it to anyone, however; I would not recommend it for use on running boards if you actually use it as a step. Yes they look awesome when you use it on them and I would even say if you dont use your running boards as a step, SVRT is the way to go. I had to stop using it on my wife's Tahoe because she insists on stepping on them to get in and she almost fell a few times. It does make them slick immediately after application (at least for a week or so). Once it soaks in and/or dries up a bit I would say you have nothing to worry about.

I will say this: I dont want to discredit what Todd said because I have used SVRT on many vehicles and it acts differently on different plastics. Some plastics absorb it better than others and would be less slick or not slick at all. I think it just depends on the application.

So if you want your running boards to look stellar and dont actually need to step on them, SVRT is the way to go. If you ride with others that use the steps (significant other, kids, etc.) and want to avoid a fall at all costs either avoid using it or knock it down with a microfiber after applying it. Either way, SVRT a must for your arsenal. You wont be disappointed.  

Edited by man5011

I love the SVRT and would recommend it to anyone, however; I would not recommend it for use on running boards if you actually use it as a step. Yes they look awesome when you use it on them and I would even say if you dont use your running boards as a step, SVRT is the way to go. I had to stop using it on my wife's Tahoe because she insists on stepping on them to get in and she almost fell a few times. It does make them slick immediately after application (at least for a week or so). Once it soaks in and/or dries up a bit I would say you have nothing to worry about.

I will say this: I dont want to discredit what Todd said because I have used SVRT on many vehicles and it acts differently on different plastics. Some plastics absorb it better than others and would be less slick or not slick at all. I think it just depends on the application.

So if you want your running boards to look stellar and dont actually need to step on them, SVRT is the way to go. If you ride with others that use the steps (significant other, kids, etc.) and want to avoid a fall at all costs either avoid using it or knock it down with a microfiber after applying it. Either way, SVRT a must for your arsenal. You wont be disappointed.  

To add to my post (and thanks Mike for your post), I should mention that my Highlander is 10 years old, so that may have something to do with the SVRT not making the running boards slick.  And lastly, I would also add that I do not step on them every time I get in the car.