Customer Service 866.965.0400

Motor oil on cloth seat

03blackSSS

Question

This is on a 2010 f-150 with the light gray cloth interior. Somehow got oil on one of the seats. It's not used oil, but new looking oil. Just enough to discolor. Planning on saturating with CUC and use the horse hair brush to rub out lightly. 

Since this was a newer truck, would a Microfiber revitalizer do anything as a pre-soak? I never used it on anything but my towels, but was curious how it would handle the cloth fabric in a truck?

BTW this is not a grungy work truck- it is kept very clean so anything will show on these seats

9 answers to this question

It's a customer's vehicle, which is used as a company truck- So in a couple years it will be rotated out with a new one. 

Would the Microfiber revitalizer do anything as a pre-soak? or is that primarily used for detailing related cleaners and waxes? I searched but couldn't come up with anything on the forums. Just thought since it releases solvents, would it safely release oil off of fabric?

I FINALLY got this one back- customer was super busy with work. SO needless to say, that oil set in for a good month. 

It turned out great. I used CAU cleaner with the horse hair brush lightly. Wiped lightly, and dried with my sidekick. It was still there slightly. So I tried the all purpose cleaner on hidden spot, then used on the stain. Worked it lightly with the brush again, wiped and dried. That did it! Only it made a clean spot, which seemed with be a stain. So I ended up cleaning the entire bottom of the seat, and he was really happy with the way it turned out!