Customer Service 866.965.0400

New car plan of attack

Ace22

Question

I just picked up my '14 Audi RS5 (phantom black) and wanted to see what you think of my plan. I have used some of Adam's products, but it has been a while. Unfortunately in Ohio, we have had snow, so I literally picked it up at the dealer (not washed or touched) and drove it home in the snow/salt.  Here is what I plan on doing once the weather breaks:

1) wash with Adam's car shampoo

2) decontaminate/clay with clay bar and Ultima waterless wash or Adam's new detail spray

3) polish (by hand as my rotary is broken) with Adam's Revive hand polish

4) seal with Adam's new liquid paint sealant (by hand)

5) maintain with Adam's new detail spray

Where I live, I have had a heck of a time with dust attraction, especially with carnubas.  I am hoping the new paint sealant may deter some of this as well as the new detail spray.  I have read the causes of dust attraction, including static electricity/rubbing, etc., but every carnuba I try I love the looks but too much dust attraction...much better with a sealant.

Also, I have not tried all of the above products, but hope that I like them (especially since I ordered a gallon of detail spray!).  Any thoughts/advice are much appreciated.  Thanks!

post-11325-0-63921100-1387293668_thumb.jpeg

post-11325-0-99681800-1387293686_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Ace22

16 answers to this question

As Michael said add some APC to the mix to get everything stripped off other than that sounds pretty good.  Great looking car BTW.  Like it so far?

edit, just saw your post over on AZ. 

Edited by jbjones85

Thanks for the compliments...I placed some APC on my order.  I also added some waterless wash and buttery wax.  Since the buttery wax is a carnuba, any idea if this will attract dust? 

Due to the weather I haven't had much chance to open it up, although suggested break-in is first 600 miles keeping the rpms under 6k.  Sounds and drives great but it's killing me with this snow!

BTW:  Thanks Nick for your help!

Adam's Waterless and Rinseless Washes have been found to lower the surface static on the car which will result in attracting less dust. 

If you are worried about dust/salt/sand I wouldn't even bother with BW and just stick with a couple of coats of LPS, which will offer plenty of protection and gloss.

Thanks, that was my initial plan, although I just added some buttery wax to my order.  I may give it a try to see if it adds gloss over the sealant.  BTW, I like your choice in cars...I sold my G8 GXP a few years ago and loved it...still miss it!  B)

Hey Darrin, what part of Ohio are you in? There are a number of us guys in the Northeast section that would definitely be willing to help you out. I live about 30 miles east of Cleveland and would be willing to have you bring that beast to my house and we can really do a number on it with the Flex and PC. I love the sealant for it's durability and I am willing to put some Patriot wax on it for you to see what you think. I can also give you my thoughts and what I do to help protect the cars here in Ohio if you are driving it in winter. I tore all of the inner fender covers out of my G8 this spring and rustproofed everything I could and also painted rotors and calipers while I was at it. PM me if you are interested at all. I love showing others the great Adams product and Adam has challenged me to help spread the word when I can. I have a number of guys here at work that I have given the "free show you the products" in my garage.

Tom

Thanks Tom, very kind of you.  I am in Van Wert (between Lima, OH and Fort Wayne, IN).  I have always liked Adam's qd spray and have used their products in the past, but with my new car I wanted to try to stay on top of it with new products, and Adam's fit the bill.  Looks like you have some very nice rides!!  When the weather clears would love to check out what you have and hook up.

Edited by Ace22

Here is what it looks like as of today.  We are supposed to get rain :wacko: this weekend (3-5 inches!), so I will have some time to get it powerwashed and the salt off.  One of the bad things about living in the country is that my road is the last to ever get plowed.  Thank goodness for Quattro!

I am getting the windows tinted tomorrow, and am considering a drop in the future with spacers.  Thanks again for the tips and hopefully my order arrives tomorrow!

post-11325-0-88932700-1387457691_thumb.jpeg

with such a nice shiny new Audi I'd suggest calling your plumber and installing a hot water feed to your hose spigot, he's coming to do mine soon, gonna be the best "car cleaning" investment I could make for the winter, hot soapy wash buckets, hot rinses, mmmmmmmm.  A little bit of extra calcium on the driveway when finished should keep any icing at bay.

If you're not into doing that, I'd make sure to find a nice coin op to be able to power spray all the salt and gunk off the vehicle before pulling into the garage and going to town with the Rinseless wash.  DEFINITELY a nice decon session with a clar bar is a must before anything else.

You can probably get a used PC or Griots orbital for cheap used if you wanted as well.  Are you getting the rotary fixed (you mentioned it was broken) or are you getting a new one?  Adams has a nice 15% off sale if you wanted a new Flex or Cyclo (XMAS), treat your ride right and save your hands from hand polishing lol!

Great idea on the gallon of Detail spray, I go through almost a gallon a year myself!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Darrin, just let me know when you want to head east.

My son was just in Van Wert delivering some cars. He has a car hauling business that he started a year ago with a 5 car hauler.

I will look forward to meeting up with you and I am sure that black beast will love a coat of Patriot Wax after we get her all shined up and smooth as a baby's bottom.