Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interesting conversation at my local Chevy dealer

Secret_Squirrell

Question

I stopped by my local Chevy/Caddy dealer yesterday to pick up some touch up paint. Their parts department is one of the largest and most impressive I have seen. It's literally a store within the dealership. Anyway, I noticed they had a pretty large display of "Smart" detailing products, but no Adam's. I asked the guy at the parts counter why they would carry "Smart" products, but not Adam's Polishes. His answer was the most interesting part of the story...He told me "We used to carry them but they went out of business, so they came and got all their remaining stock." I told him I thought that was interesting seeing as I placed an order with Adam's as recently as a few weeks ago. I can't wrap my head around why GM would not sell great quality products that they endorse, and put the GM label on. Any insight in to this?

20 answers to this question

The sad reality is that dealerships are much like a franchise, and GM doesn't dictate what is sold in the parts department. They can't force us on every dealer... we reach out to as many of them as we can but many times we have a heck of a time making headway with them.

If you happen to see him again feel free to let him know that we are sold in the National Corvette Museum, and the products that are used to prep every Corvette that rolls off the line in Bowling Green. We are certainly not "out of business".

If you happen to see him again feel free to let him know that we are sold in the National Corvette Museum, and the products that are used to prep every Corvette that rolls off the line in Bowling Green.

Is there a thread about this? I'm just curious if it's someone's job to hit every new Vette with DS, VRT, etc. (and how can I get that job!) I've never seen it in any of the factory videos.

Our local Chevy dealership (Cover Chevrolet in Windber Pa) sells quite a few Camaros.  I wish you'd contact them about carrying Adam's.  There's a ton of guys in the local car clubs that keep looking for Adam's locally.

Our local Chevy dealership (Cover Chevrolet in Windber Pa) sells quite a few Camaros.  I wish you'd contact them about carrying Adam's.  There's a ton of guys in the local car clubs that keep looking for Adam's locally.

Same out here. The Temecula Valley is a huge car enthusiast area and there isn't a single Adam's dealer anywhere near here.

The sad reality is that dealerships are much like a franchise, and GM doesn't dictate what is sold in the parts department. They can't force us on every dealer... we reach out to as many of them as we can but many times we have a heck of a time making headway with them.

If you happen to see him again feel free to let him know that we are sold in the National Corvette Museum, and the products that are used to prep every Corvette that rolls off the line in Bowling Green. We are certainly not "out of business".

I was at my local Chevy dealership today and they had never heard of Adams. Is there somewhere that I can point them so they can start stocking products and how they should order them? I know the owner and he has 3 Chevy stores that me could get product into.

Dealerships are run like political establishments.  All they care about is the next car sale, meeting their numbers, beating the dealership the next town over in sales, etc.

When a friendly voice like Dylan or Ashley's reaches out to the local dealers on their list that don't carry Adam's products, they first get the receptionist, who has to transfer them to the parts dept, who rarely answers their phones and then Dylan/Ashley/whoever leaves a message reaching out.  Parts dept thinks its another marketing/sales call and probably could care less as they are understaffed and underpaid most of the time anyway.

At least that's my experience with dealerships for the most part, you almost have to do live demos showcasing product to get them to carry something.