Customer Service 866.965.0400

paint scuff damage

afmilboy02

Question

so long story short my wife at a slow speed backed into the neighbors driver's side door and made a decent scuff above and below the rub strip.  with that said, the neighbors are cool and dont really care but i want to fix this situation.  the car is a 98 sebring and has more swirl marks than you can imagine.  I have the older setup with severe, swirl & haze, polish, etc. 

any tips or advice?  i plan on cleaning the area, claying it, iso wipe down, taping and then getting to work.  what am i missing?

20 answers to this question

the top part is the portion that has the bump dent and the lower portion has the clear coat from my wife gmc terrain on it.  ill post some pics of her damage which I got a good look at and there is definitely some paint work that will be required.  wtf?!? 

there is also a small dent on the lift gate from the neighbors mirror.  after looking at it all I am seriously considering paying the $500 deductible because where the white line on the edge of the bumper there is no paint plus the dent in the lift gate!

Corrected but not perfect DSC_0188.jpg

Corrected area right next to un-corrected in next picDSC_0185.jpg

un-corrected area next to area aboveDSC_0186.jpg

picDSC_0184.jpg

pic DSC_0179.jpg

pic DSC_0177.jpg

couldn't fully get the scuff because it is in the dent area but once it is pooped we should be good to go DSC_0174.jpg

Edited by afmilboy02

Overall, the neighbor was very happy to see the scuffs vanish and due to the overall condition of her vehicle we can consider her vehicle damage corrected and complete.  I was only able to correct to a certain extent my wife's portion of the damage to her car because the paint damage. 

damage to gmc DSC_0190.jpg

more pics of damage to gmc DSC_0191.jpg

damageDSC_0189.jpg

somewhat corrected DSC_0197.jpg

still trying DSC_0193.jpg

last oneDSC_0192.jpg