Customer Service 866.965.0400

newbie questions

jakool

Question

so im a newbie when it comes to complete detailing a car . in the past ive been a wash and dry with a shammy only person so needless to say my poor truck has been neglected. so ive been watching the video series that adams crew has put out ( extremely helpful since im a visual learner), but i have a few questions of some things i didnt understand. first my truck has some powdercoated wheels with a clear coat so i wanted to make sure i get this right process.

#1 spray down wheel to get off the big stuff.

#2 hit it with the all purpose cleaner on the tires as well as the wheel wells ( or do i use the undercarriage on the wheel wells )? with the fender brush

#3 then i use the green wheel cleaner on the wheels themselves ?? my calipers are powdercoated as well so that wont be a problem ? make sure to use the lugnut brush as well as cleaning the barrel and the face of the wheel 

now in the video he obviously showing the full steps on just one wheel. so now my other questions can i do all the process on one wheel and start the others or do i need o all the steps fully on one wheel and then once done with one do i move on to the next ?

5 answers to this question

Sounds like you are on the right track, use APC on your tires and under your fender wells. As far as your wheels you can use GWC or Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner, just make sure that they are cool before cleaning your wheels. And I do all the steps to each wheel, tire and  under fender wells before I move on to the others. You can also clean your barrels of your wheels with  Adam's Turbo Stick Wheel Cleaning Tool And when done Adam's Quick Sealant works great protecting your wheels.

I do the whole cleaning process to each wheel before moving onto the next, just so I'm not constantly picking up and moving all my supplies back and forth. The Undercarriage Spray is a dressing for the wheel wells which you would apply after everything has been washed and dried.