Customer Service 866.965.0400

Receiver took a dump..

MAYBEN

Denon has long been my personal favorite (even back to my days of selling/installing this stuff). Onkyo and Integra are the same company, just a premium and a base line (think toyota/lexus or nissan/infiniti) but honestly all their stuff is solid.

Keep an eye on woot.com, they've been putting up Pioneer Elite receivers intermittently lately. Good ones too, just a year or 2 removed from the current model year, but killer prices.

I think I'm closer to a decision..

I'm looking at a Pioneer Elite and am speaking with an AV place from PA.  Seems like a good deal and they've been very nice so far..

It looks like I'll be making a purchase with them soon.

So glad I seen this thread. I m going to start shoping around for one after the new year and seeing this really helped me narrow down my choices.

I have to admit .. the Pioneer was going to be one of the first ones I look at because my neighbor swears by his.

You might want to go through this place I'm dealing with..

Remember, Pioneer is Pioneer, and Pioneer Elite is ELITE! They use different circuitry!  The Elite's not only look bad a$$ but are. 

Chris

Thanks for the heads up Chris.. my neighbor thinks just like you and said the same thing. ;)

I think I'm closer to a decision..

I'm looking at a Pioneer Elite and am speaking with an AV place from PA.  Seems like a good deal and they've been very nice so far..

It looks like I'll be making a purchase with them soon.

You might want to go through this place I'm dealing with..

Nick .. Appreciate it ..Let me know

Edited by Mongosg8

yessir, for in-wall speakers..

Can't be that big of a deal.  If I lived closer I would help.  How many are you thinking and where?  Off the top of my head these are all you would need to get the job done.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Zircon-Corporation-StudSensor-e30-Stud-Finder-64129/202184883#.UsS7x_3ENuY

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Depthfinder-25-ft-Steel-Fish-Tape-56005/100660167#

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-9-16-in-x-54-in-Flex-Auger-Bit-53718/203871769#

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-6-1-4-in-Jab-Saw-with-Wood-Handle-15-206/100654908#

I might also add be certain that your not drilling into a stud that has a piece of romex stapled to it.

Edited by LFairbanks

I'm not worried about installing them.. the Wife is worried about when we go to sell the house, the speakers would be coming with us, buyers will likely not be thrilled with a drywall patch that size nor having to get their own speakers to fill the holes..

I'm not worried about installing them.. the Wife is worried about when we go to sell the house, the speakers would be coming with us, buyers will likely not be thrilled with a drywall patch that size nor having to get their own speakers to fill the holes..

If it is patched right they won't even know the difference.  Just cut a larger hole from stud to stud.  Screw a piece of wood to each stud on each side.  Cut a piece of drywall to match hole.  Mud and tape going 8 to 10 to 12 inch then priming and painting. Done.

Kim's worried that if/when they see the speakers when they look at the house, they'll be worried about the patch..

I'm fine with patching it up and your suggestion is the perfect way..

From what I've read, the Kef T305 is a pretty damn good set-up..  The only negative I've seen is for music playback, some songs aren't as bassy as some desire, but for movies is perfect 

I ordered my new setup.. should be here soon..

I'm thinking I want to install it in the basement and pickup the Logitech Harmony Ultimate..  this would free up some space in our living room..  I just need to figure out a clean place to do it and how..

Edited by MAYBEN

post-1735-0-72129900-1389803211_thumb.jpeg

Got these last week and was planning on installing them this past weekend underneath our basement stairs..  then I found a nice crack in the 45deg part of the stairs..

post-1735-0-29726800-1389804794_thumb.jpeg

so I fixed it..

post-1735-0-22717900-1389804798_thumb.jpeg

the delay made me reconsider where I would put the components as the Wife and I would both still like to see our investment from time to time, instead of having them hidden in the laundry room..

Here is my concept, although I think I am going with a taller rack for future possible expansion (next house)..

post-1735-0-75760500-1389803238_thumb.png

I need some more speaker wire!  

• 3 weeks later...