Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless vs waterless?

Z06Seal

Question

I just found out about rinseless/waterless car washing which is pretty interesting because the new community we moved into prohibits washing your car outside your garage... 

Well that being said, I've been going to either car wash stations and doing it myself, or neglecting the car (or paying for a hand wash) I dared to take my car into a car wash station (those automated things) and karma was a bitch. my car is too low and when they put it through, it didn't fit :D

ANYWAYS....

I just read the (and watched the video) of the new rinseless car wash concenrate post here. I was ready to pull the trigger until I did some more research and found out there are some really good contenders out there. One being UWW+, Meguier's D115 and the new Adam's rinseless.

The reviews highly favored the UWW+ for it's cost, and D115's finish. There were negative reviews of the adam's waterless wash. (haven't found anything on the new one)

but I noticed they are using the D115 and the UWW+ as spray bottles. From my understanding, that would be waterless, and that's not to be used for moderetely dirty vehicle? I believe you want to use the rinseless 2 bucket method for a slightly dirtier vehicle?

I'm trying to decide what I want to get. the D115 is very expensive as I don't know if I'm going to like this method of washing. UWW+ seems like the best deal, but looks like it's in spray form only? Then there is this new Adam's rinseless, but I haven't seen much reviews about it comparing it to the other ones.

Just looking to be pointed in the right direction...

Thanks!!!

10 answers to this question

Looking at a D115 thread on meguiar's forum, it looks like it was primarly designed to be a waterless wash concentrate @ 4:1 ratio. They'e saying you can use it as a rinseless by dumping the entire gallon into 5 gallons and using it that way. That makes absolutely no sense to me as I'd rather pour 2 oz into 2 gallons like the adam's rinseless lol

Would you get the same wash/cleanliness if you use D115 spray on (waterless, let's say 4:1 ratio) vs adam's rinseless wash two bucket method? I would assume the D115 waterless is more like a quick detail vs rinseless is actually cleaning the car after a week or two of driving...

Edited by Z06Seal

It shouldn't be hard to find plenty of posts on this forum comparing Adam's new Rinseless Wash with others on the market.  There's also quite a few posts about how many of have been using the new Rinseless Wash with great success.

There is a bit of confusion w/ "Waterless Wash" but that is a different product with different uses (although there is some overlap).

To be honest, though, the only opinion that matters is your own.  You'll have to try something to see if you like it.  Most of us here will recommend Adam's.

Your question won't be answered without bias here. UWW+ is the most cost effective option, there is absolutely no disputing that. It can be used as a rinseless wash, detail spray, waterless wash and clay lube and costs a fraction of the other products after diluting. Your research so far is on point, so make an informed decision and enjoy! All three products work great so you can't go wrong. It's really just a dollar and cents issue...

I've got to believe that with the new higher grade adams clay, that you could use RW for all three as well.  We know it'll do two so even more diluted, I bet it'll do three without an issue.  I've clayed with straight water before because the clay from the UK that I used said to use straight water.  I think a bottle full of water with a few drops of RW would suffice. 

JMO, and has not been tested. 

Chris

I've got to believe that with the new higher grade adams clay, that you could use RW for all three as well. We know it'll do two so even more diluted, I bet it'll do three without an issue. I've clayed with straight water before because the clay from the UK that I used said to use straight water. I think a bottle full of water with a few drops of RW would suffice.

JMO, and has not been tested.

Chris

Yes I agree using it as a clay lube should be no issue. I usually like products like this at about a 1:36 dilution which works out pretty good with a 36 oz bottle. Just a little under an ounce of product and fill the rest of the bottle with water, ready to go!

Thanks guys!

I think I will give it a try. I wouldn't call myself a professional detailer, but I do a decent job with detailing by hand. This would be a great product for me to wash my car in my garage about once every other week or so.

For what its worth, I've used Waterless Wash before as clay lubricant and it worked just fine, waterless is a slippery product.  It also doesn't leave the gloss that Detail Spray does, which is nicer when you are correcting and want to see your imperfections a bit better.  The extra cleaning properties as well are helpful.

I have also used Waterless as a drying agent from time to time (alternates with Detail Spray, although I use that mostly), I use it as a waterless wash cleaning product basically exclusively for my door jambs, underhood panels, etc and it works great for that.

The NEW rinseless wash can be diluted to a waterless wash ratio to remake closely the Waterless Wash product which apparently is being phased out.  8 oz of Rinseless + gallon of distilled water = Gallon of Waterless Wash.

So now with the Rinseless, I can use it as a no-rinse wash, I can make a new gallon of Waterless, and have that product, and use it as a clay lubricant as I so desired, basically it has all the uses of ONR and the like to me, but it is backed by the Adam's team and company.  And it works well.  I did a Rinseless wash last week on my X5 and was impressed, didn't scratch, didn't swirl, and my car came out great.