Customer Service 866.965.0400

Am I the only one?

crowvet

Am I the only one who enjoys washing their car alone? No interruptions, no visitors dropping by to talk while you wash ect. It seems no matter when I start a car project it will happen :willy: why is that? Today I washed my car and thought it is 35 degrees outside, no one will bother me today............... WRONG WTHeck ... How about you? Anyone else have neighbors or others that feel it necessary to yak while your car is spotting because they won't leave you alone? OK I feel better now :lol:  

I live on a some what busy street, but mostly get left alone.  My neighbor across the street will often ask if we have gotten a new car when she sees me working on someone else's car.  No one bothered me when I was in the garage polishing at midnight last night!  (An extra bonus - it was Friday Night Eighties on one of the local radio stations).   

I get interrupted occasionally - and then go on to make some money off of them by detailing their car.  The only thing you should be complaining about here are lost opportunities.  They're talking to you because they're interested...not to waste your time.

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome

My dad was a mechanic and about every night was working on building a street rod in the garage.  He always had company.  Some would leave their building projects and come talk to him, but he was not one to go over and bother them.  

My neighbors know better.  :)

I've had the same neighbors for almost eight years, and literally have never seen either of them wash a car or come home with it looking shiny. In fact, they care so little about it they don't even ask me to "wash mine next" like some folks do. I can't imagine that mindset of just letting the rain wash the dirt off, especially since they don't have junky vehicles. So when they do stop by it's just to talk about random stuff, which is OK since they're nice, but it throws off my process. :willy:

My dad was a mechanic and about every night was working on building a street rod in the garage.  He always had company.  Some would leave their building projects and come talk to him, but he was not one to go over and bother them.  

My neighbors know better.   :)

This is my problem.... I am a Mechanic and live behind my business. So the interruptions are usually on the weekend when I am closed. I am out washing my personal vehicle and people spot me and stop by to ask mechanical questions and do I have this or that ect. Once I move into the shop and shut the doors all is ok. Just the wash process. Invariably I will have soap on the car or trying to dry. I have hard water and it will spot if not properly dried. Others have said I should not complain and turn it into business, Car repair Is my business, so I usually do. I guess I  am just a little selfish with my  free time on the weekend. Plus who doesn,t like to complain once in a while :D

This is my problem.... I am a Mechanic and live behind my business. So the interruptions are usually on the weekend when I am closed. I am out washing my personal vehicle and people spot me and stop by to ask mechanical questions and do I have this or that ect. Once I move into the shop and shut the doors all is ok. Just the wash process. Invariably I will have soap on the car or trying to dry. I have hard water and it will spot if not properly dried. Others have said I should not complain and turn it into business, Car repair Is my business, so I usually do. I guess I  am just a little selfish with my  free time on the weekend. Plus who doesn,t like to complain once in a while :D

Duuude, you need to get some Rinseless wash!  That way all the work can be in the garage, behind closed doors,