Customer Service 866.965.0400

Deep Wheel Cleaner 16oz Bottle Last Most How Long?

jtrade

Question

Finally got around to using some of the deep wheel cleaner last Sunday before a trip...  The rims on our '12 Optima were filthy...  I used darn near 1/4 of the bottle spraying down all 4 rims but boy did it get them clean...  A couple of places I didn't get a brush in there good so there was a little grime left over I had to wipe off after I rinsed them down...  I was in a hurry to get the vehicle washed before dark...

Curious how long does a 16oz bottle last most people that only use it on 1-2 of their personal vehicles?  Or do you alternate deep wheel cleaner & green wheel cleaner?  Just wondering if I used to much cause the bottle seemed to go pretty quick when I got to spraying...

Thanks,

J

Edited by jtrade

24 answers to this question

Probably about 16 wheels total unless they are really bad, but green wheel cleaner will take care of 99% of stuff. You will probably never actually need DWC on the Optima unless you let them go a very long time.

Cool I'll pick some up...  The rims on ours have not been cleaned for at least 2 months I know...  They were pretty nasty looking...

Also gotta get some of those wheel woolies cause there are some tight spaces on the rims by the brake calipers...

Edited by jtrade

yes, I would say about 16 wheels worth (1oz per wheel).  I have very dusty brembo's and even with weekly cleanings they are filthy.  

Thanks, that about right then what I used...  Just thought it was going aweful fast but man did it do the job!

Well I just watched the video, prob should have first, & applied it completely wrong as I hosed the wheel down with water before I used the deep wheel cleaner... :(

Now I know!

Edited by jtrade

I typically hose mine off to get the loose dust off,  hit them with compressed air to dry,  apply the cleaner, let sit for about 20 seconds, agitate, let sit a little longer to let it work, then rinse.  

Thanks...  Well that is what I did, so guess I didnt screw it up that much...

If you can afford to, and you use a particular product a lot, buy it in gallons, If you do the math, you get 8 - 16oz bottles in every gallon of product you buy. So, if you bought 8 bottles of deep wheel cleaner at $17.95 each that comes to $143.60, or you can buy a gallon for $79.95. In the long run you save on product pricing and shipping as well.

If you can afford to, and you use a particular product a lot, buy it in gallons, If you do the math, you get 8 - 16oz bottles in every gallon of product you buy. So, if you bought 8 bottles of deep wheel cleaner at $17.95 each that comes to $143.60, or you can buy a gallon for $79.95. In the long run you save on product pricing and shipping as well.

This is absolutely correct, much cheaper to buy in gallons for products you use a lot of.  I am actually considering getting a 5 gal of the DWC this time around.... :)

If you are cleaning your wheels on a regular basis you can dilute the Wheel cleaner waaaay down and it does a perfect job. Using it at all full strength is for really dirty wheels. Once my bottle of deep wheel cleaner was half empty i filled the rest up with water and it worked great. Once its half empty i will fill it again. HAHA

I go Wheel Cleaner faster than anything. Two washes and I'm well under half a 16 oz bottle already. My wheels are matte though, so they're extra tough to get clean. What's my solution? A gallon of Wheel Cleaner and glossy, clear coated wheels. :)