Customer Service 866.965.0400

Old products mixed with new?

tony97gt

Question

Just curious, if I had a car that was in pretty rought shape, would i be better off starting with SSR and a green pad, then going into the two step system? Or should I just go with the 2 step from the start and use the microfiber pads?

Car is a 2007 black Nissan Maxima, I don't think it's ever been waxed or polished. It's my brother's car and I saw it this weekend and my OCD told me to volunteer to bring some life back to it for him. Poor car would need a full detail, inside and out. Headlights look like poop too. This would def be a good car to take lots of before and after pics, and to showcase the new liquid sealant on.

3 answers to this question

Tony, I would suggest starting with the least aggressive method needed to do the job. But for a black car I would start with Paint Correcting Polish and the orange microfiber pad then step down to the Paint Finishing Polish and a white foam pad in a test area. If you like that then great, do the whole vehicle. We have been using the Severe Swirl Remover and green pads for more focused correction letting the PCP and PFP do the heavy lifting.