Customer Service 866.965.0400

protecting, cleaning Nappa Leather

imac

Question

Hi All

I just bought a corvette C7 with very light grey nappa leather 2 tone seats. There are also some dark gray "suede microfiber" (fake alcantara) trim pieces.

I would really appreciate some advice on protecting and cleaning these materials...never had them before and I have no idea what to do (and I sure can't trust my Chevy dealer)

THX!

3 answers to this question

The leather you can just leave as-is: "nappa" leather isn't different than any other type (although it used to be), so just clean it with TID as needed.  For the inserts, use the Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner - 1 or two sprays on a MF towel and then gently wipe the inserts.  Allow to dry and then follow up with either 303 or CQuartz Fabric Protectant.

I used the Adam's Leather Conditioner on my Brownstone interior leather. It took 2 applications to get it even, but I think that was because I was putting it on too thin the first time. It offers SPF 65 protection, so it should keep it from fading.

I did a lot of research on the micro-suede before deciding to get the Brownstowne. I learned that it is very resistant to dirt and staining, and cleans up easily. I haven't put anything on the micro-suede surfaces.