Customer Service 866.965.0400

Daily Driver Headlight Restoration

camaro2ssblack

I've finally decided to detail my daily driver - a 2001 Camry that I've had since day one with nearly 200,000 miles on it. It's never been properly detailed in its life. The outside is washed a few times a year and the interior is kept decent but it's never been seriously cleaned, clayed, polished or waxed. The paint feels like sand paper so I definitely have my work cut out for me. Today I decided to tackle the headlights which were severely oxidized and neglected.

Products and process:

- Cleaned with apc and a mf towel

- Taped up and clayed.

- Wet sanded with 800 grit, then 1000 grit, then 2000 grit and a sanding block

- Polished with a compound on a 3" wool pad and a cordless drill

- Sealed with a sealant for now as I plan on coating the car after I complete the entire detail over the next several weeks.

I think they turned out great and I'm sure the visibility at night will be drastically improved.

post-3334-0-59550700-1388960856_thumb.jpg

post-3334-0-80511700-1388960881_thumb.jpg

Edited by camaro2ssblack

Nice turnaround Chase!

I have gotten more longevity with MSS than with the nano-coating I tried.  Could have been my application, so I recently reapplied the coating when I had to redo my son's headlight.  When I do my truck lights I plan to try the coating on one and MSS on the other.  

My next step is to try a lens specific coating.

Nice turnaround Chase!

I have gotten more longevity with MSS than with the nano-coating I tried.  Could have been my application, so I recently reapplied the coating when I had to redo my son's headlight.  When I do my truck lights I plan to try the coating on one and MSS on the other.  

My next step is to try a lens specific coating.

Good to know, thanks.  Im betting the lens specific coating is the best option but we will see...