Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tried Total Interior Detailer a 3rd Time

and to my surprise it worked great.  It failed miserably on my 2012 Kia Optima and 2011 VW Routan, but today I tried it on a 2012 VW GTI.  This time there were no streaks or anything.  It made everything just slightly darker than if I used LIC but not as dark as LC.  No matter the surface (leather, plastic, vinyl) it just worked.  For this particular vehicle it is an amazing product I just wish it would work in all vehicles as it is so easy to use when it does work.  

Streaks? You are spraying it on the towel and not the dash right? I don't know how it could of streaked if you were spraying it on the towel. 

I tested this product before it was released and the only issue I ran in to was, it didn't work well if you had previously used LC on the dash and it was not completely removed. If thats the case, try using some APC to remove the old LC and then reapply the TID.

Streaks? You are spraying it on the towel and not the dash right? I don't know how it could of streaked if you were spraying it on the towel. 

I tested this product before it was released and the only issue I ran in to was, it didn't work well if you had previously used LC on the dash and it was not completely removed. If thats the case, try using some APC to remove the old LC and then reapply the TID.

Yes, streaks when spraying on the towel. Read the thread in the post above this one. It just doesn't seem to work on certain plastics which both of my vehicles have. The GTI isn't mine but TID worked flawlessly in it.

I had to experiment with it in a few different ways as I have quite a few different materials on my inside.  For certain ones it works better to spray directly on the surface, some better on the towel. Some require just one pass for perfection, some I have to "work" a little more for that perfect look.  At the end of the day I really like the scent as well as the very matte finish that it leaves and just slightly darker than before but it does behave differently based on the material.  

Glad to hear it worked out for you. I don't hesitate the chance to grab TID when I see anything that could use a cleaning on the interior. I almost think I'm becoming addicted to finding a readon to use it. So I was surprised when I heard the dissapointment you had on your earlier attempts.