Customer Service 866.965.0400

Will my products in shipment be ok

paoutdoorsman

Question

Didn't give the incoming weather a thought when I stocked up on gallon refills during the New Years Day sale.  I'm hoping the sub zero temps won't have negative effects on the goods.  I've got gallons of all the following on a cold truck for delivery today - the coldest day in 20 some years.

Waterless Wash

Deep Wheel Cleaner

Total Interior Detailer

All Purpose Cleaner

Leather and Interior Cleaner

Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner

Will they be ok?

14 answers to this question

Get them inside as soon as possible and let them thaw out at room temperature, don't force them with any additional heating methods. They should be just fine.

If you give them a good shake and you see any visual separation of the products, let us know and we'll get you some new juice!!

I was wondering the same thing. I ordered a gallon of Detail Spray and a gallon of Rinseless Wash and a bottle of Leather Conditioner. All showed up frozen solid. (It got down to -11*F here).

I brought them inside and put them in the cabinet to thaw and didn't think anything of it until now. 

Nick, do you see any issue here? I haven't used any of them yet.

My Riseless landed at Fedex on Monday in the -15 (-40 wind chill) weather and did not get delivered to my work until Wednesday. I didn't get them until Thursday morning and they were crystal blue and room temp.  So if they froze, they thawed out and look good as new. 

I was wondering the same thing. I ordered a gallon of Detail Spray and a gallon of Rinseless Wash and a bottle of Leather Conditioner. All showed up frozen solid. (It got down to -11*F here).

I brought them inside and put them in the cabinet to thaw and didn't think anything of it until now. 

Nick, do you see any issue here? I haven't used any of them yet.

Do they sell gallons of Rinseless wash now?

He probably ment to say Waterless Wash.

Went out to the garage today, since Jersey was in the "polar vortex" earlier this week, my garage got down to the mid 20's or so, outside was 0F or lower.

Did a little winter inventory of my detail shelf and found the following:

-Rinseless Wash 16oz with some "slushie" in the bottle as it must have frozen

-APC gallon with slushie freeze, 16oz bottle ok

-Detail spray gallon bottle with slushie, I only have about 20 oz left in the gallon

-"Waterless Wash Refill" which is basically 8 oz of Rinseless with 1 gal of distilled water, froze up pretty good, I suspected it would because its mostly water

Invisible Undercarriage spray was fine, Car shampoo was fine, SVRT was fine, Glass cleaner fine, Carpet and Upholstery cleaner fine, and Waterless Wash (original formula) in 16 oz bottles all fine.

My gallons are on the bottom shelf where I presume its coldest, so that might explain some of why the liquids did freeze.  However, my bottle of Rinseless was on top shelf, and that was the only other thing that looks like it froze.

Granted its 62F today in the Jerz, but I still took the bottles that froze, inside to thaw out.  Not suspecting any problems, but I may start wrapping my bottles up in a blanket to keep them warm if we ever get that kind of low temps again!

NOTE:  On an average temp variance in Jersey my garage never gets below freezing temps, when its in the teens outside its usually still above freezing in my garage.  But at 0F ambient outside made my garage temp dip below freezing.

Just wanted to share my observations, your chemicals should be fine!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Here's a thought for you guys who can't bring your product inside for the winter. Take you towels (any kind) and wrap them around your product and put a gum band around it to keep it tight. Then put one or two towels on the shelf and set your wrapped bottles on that. It should help a lot to insulate your product and protect it from freezing.  Not everyone has the luxury of a heated garage or basement for storage. This is just an alternative idea. :cheers:

Another idea:  put them in an ice chest.  It will be well insulated and you probably won't need it until spring anyway.

This is a great idea if you don't have too much product.  I know in my case I would need numerous coolers between the gallons and the individual bottles that I have.  

If your handy it would be super easy to build your own box out of OSB and 2x4's and then insulating it with some rigid insulation from your local hardware store.  This would enable someone to make a box that would fit in their particular spot in the garage as well the ability to get creative on the interior design.  I would build one, but I have a 100K btu heater in the garage that keeps the dogs warm.