Customer Service 866.965.0400

You guys sell anything for a flash flood removal??!?!?

Z06Seal

I can't believe this. we haven't even made the first payment on it yet

The whole COMMUNITY is flash flooded

the WHOLE COMMUNITY

I'm soooo sad right now.

I have GEICO and I hope to god the car is considered a total loss. there is no way this car will be like how it was few hours ago

the rain hasn't stopped and it's been an hour since I took this picture

I've been reading on the net that GEICO will usually try to fix the damage and give the car back to you. If they fix this and give it back, I'm not sure what I'll do

x7gx.jpg

zns7.jpg

They have 5 gallons buckets!

If water gets into the dash the car is done.  It is too expensive to pull out all of the electrical wiring and connections which will rust of corrode in the future.  Headliners, and seats can also begin to mold along with the carpet and cause an odor you can not find.  

They can repair the car to look good, but unless they replace most everything in the interior you will have problems down the road.  And even if it is replaced you could have problems down the road. 

Edited by Feets31

Wow Emir, sorry to see that.  

I have not seen Brandi (StormChaser) post for a while, but send her a PM.  She used to work for GEICO as a claims adjuster and may be able to provide some info or help out with the 'magic' words you need to say for it to be "totaled". 

Oh man, that SUCKS! I live in a town that's been flooded several times and the insurance has been hit or miss when it comes to cars. I think they'll probably only total it if the motor is roached. Hey, it's a car. Count your blessings that you didn't lose your house or lives. Use common sense though and STAY OUT OF THAT WATER!  People never think about it, but a lot of sewer stuff gets into that water and they go out walking around in it.  And don't drink any water either!  Stay safe. Trust me, the water will go away and everything will return to normal. It will all work out in the end.

Best of luck to you.

Well guys, good news...

Car got worse throughout the night and there was water going to the dash. Adjuster noticed all the water in the dash area and wrote it off as a total loss. He wrote off 10 more cars in the lots in my community as total loss. We have 1 week to find a car and replace it with something else. 

I'm very sad because I really loved that car. (was a pleasure to drive) so we'll see what wife decides to do.

Just figured I'd update you guys!

I must also add Geico was very good, and adjuster was very professional, friendly and timely. I'm very happy with Geico so far. Might even write a 'great job' letter to commentate a good job. It's been very stressful for my wife and I. Never dealt with something like this before, and GEICO couldn't have made it easier.

now off we go finding a new car... (which is stressful as well)

Edited by Z06Seal

Well guys, good news...

Car got worse throughout the night and there was water going to the dash. Adjuster noticed all the water in the dash area and wrote it off as a total loss. He wrote off 10 more cars in the lots in my community as total loss. We have 1 week to find a car and replace it with something else. 

I'm very sad because I really loved that car. (was a pleasure to drive) so we'll see what wife decides to do.

Why not just go buy the same car?

Ask the wife! I think she's freaking out now and wants a higher vehicle like a SUV or a truck. I think a truck is too big for her though...

How often have you been flooded where your living?  I wouldn't worry about it.  Having an SUV is higher maintenance cost and more gas.  I used to drive a large vehicle and found the CRV that I drive now to be perfect for me with both gas and maintenance.  Save at least $150 bucks a month in gas now.  If I need a truck I have a full size that the wife usually drives, which cost me more to put fuel in it with the little driving that she does as opposed to my 40 mile a day commutes.  Tires and all maintenance is more, not to mention the price of diesel.  Just my 2 cents.

I agree with Chris, get a car.  But I know a lot of women that like the 'view' from the SUV.  My mom recently got a CRV, as the entry height is easier for her.  

I will probably be going from my pre-runner height truck to a hatchback in the near future, which will save me about $100 a month on gas.

Tell her the SUV would still get water damage but it might not get to the dash (the water getting to the dash was the reason for the total ) and thus you would have to live with the repairs and hope the car did not begin to stink later from the mold they could not/did not get out. . But by then it would be too late to total.  Or something like that. 

We just test drove a Grand Cherokee, and a V8 Charger. We actually both really liked that Grand Cherokee. Charger sucked. We gotta look at that new Cherokee as well. We kind of like it. One thing about SUVs are the spacious interiors (well the grand at least)

We also test drove a Q50 and really liked it. We're torn in between. She owned a maxima, G37 so the Q50 felt 'at home' but the Grand Cherokee was a very nice car to drive. not to mention it's got a very future proof inside I think. 

She needs to make a decision by Friday lol...

I even tried to put her in a V8 Durango, but she wasn't having it. God it sounded nice! LOL (I don't care much about gas prices unless i'm in the single digit MPGs lol)

I have to say I'd have NO problems getting another G37, but for some reason, she isn't feeling the car anymore. what a shame...