Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless after driving in rain?

Ryans09G8

Question

Hey guys,

Just got my big shipment which included Rinseless Wash and I'm pumped to try it tonight when I get home from work!  My question:

It's raining pretty steadily here in the NW suburbs of Chicago but I was planning on pulling into the garage and doing a full Rinseless wash with the 1 bucket method (using 8+ towels only one time, no rinsing).  Do you think it will be ok?  I'm hoping the rain will wash off all the caked on snow bits and the salt so it should just be a dirty car rather than a salted/frozen ride.

Thanks,

Ryan

8 answers to this question

I have my car sitting in the rain on my driveway right now and will be using my rinse less in about an hour.

I'm also in the NW burbs and it's nice to see that this -16 degree weather is gone and I can actually do some sort of legitimate washing. My car is filthy.

Been doing rinse less washes for 2-3 years now and have never had an issue during winter months as long as you use common sense so you don't mar the paint. Use your discretion and maybe consider pre soaking some spots if you feel necessary.

Ah, ok BKazzle you are in the same boat as I am then.  I will pull it in and walk around the car to see if there is anything big or if it's just dirty road water spray.  I'll mix up my first bottle of Waterless Wash using the 1oz Rinsless: 16oz water to soak the lower third all the way around.  I figure maybe that mixed with the Rinseless dripping down (since I'll start at the top) might be a pretty good base of lubricity to keep me safe.

And yes, it is VERY nice not to have -16* (-45* wind chill) any longer!

If I were you, I would invest in a pump sprayer and/or a Kwazar for your future rinse less washes. It will save you time and it will save you a sore hand.

It should also be noted that sometimes it's nearly impossible to stay away from some type of marring during these winter months. The salt and slush makes it's so difficult for those of us dealing with snowy conditions. :( I guess it's not completely impossible, but it's certainly difficult at times.

Yes, a definite hose off is a good idea. I think I had a little to much grime on  the car the first time I used it, and did cause a little maring on the rear bumper.Because of the extra grime on the car, I think maybe an extra ounce or so of rinseless in the 5 gallon bucket to give it a little more lubricity might be a good idea. I did try using Waterless Wash first (a pretty good soaking) when I did the passengers side of the car and that really added some extra slickness (is that even a word!!) to the paint before I used the Rinsless wash. That worked out a little better than going right to the Rinsless when there is a little extra grime on the car. Would have to say that nothing beats a good hand washing!!! It is so hard with all the road salt and sand up here in New Hampshire to keep your vehicle clean for more than a day or two that 1 + hour in the garage washing and then dirt and grime from the road get on the car almost instantly, is very frustrating!! A little touch of a "January Thaw" up here for the next few days, it supposed to hit 45-50 degrees so will get out the hose and give my vehicles a really good bath.