Customer Service 866.965.0400

Finally tried the Rinseless wash today

Rocfrog

Question

Well my truck really needed to be wash and with the storm completely surrounding my area today I didn't want to do a complete wash so I figured it was a great chance to try the Rinseless wash. It was cold and windy so I only took a few pics.

post-11383-0-61101800-1389575111_thumb.jpg

post-11383-0-48726400-1389575222_thumb.jpg

post-11383-0-57665200-1389575252_thumb.jpg

post-11383-0-96009500-1389575291_thumb.jpg

Now I'm not a 100% on board with this product but there are a lot of factors that determine that. 1st off this and the "silver towels" I won on Instagram are the only Adams products I own and have ever owned. I watched the videos and "how-to's" so I have a good idea of how the product works. This time I used my standard 1gallon wash bucket that I've had forever now and filled it with water out of the faucet and then put some of the Rinseless wash in the bucket (no real measurement just poured some in) then put one of the silver towels in the bucket to soak. I didn't prerinse the truck even though I probably should have. But I just used the one towel to wipe down the truck and three others to dry it as I went. While I liked this process because owning a black truck and not getting water spots is next to impossible this was a nice change. I did not use this system on the tires and wheels or wheel wells because I wasn't sure if I could or not. Now I know I didn't use this product correctly at all but I think I needed more drying towels because it kind of left swirls after drying that I had to go back over and hand buff back out.

I think with some more time (and a less dirty truck) this might be a great product for in between wash product, or as a wash for my rock crawler when I pull it out of the garage.

Now I just need to figure out my new polisher and see about fixing the paint on this thing!

Nick

16 answers to this question

It's really not designed for a FILTHY, muddy vehicle, but for a moderately dirty car or truck. I've been pretty happy with the results I've been getting, but I wasn't expecting a totally clean car either.  As for the swirls, I do follow up with a quick wipe down with Detail Spray afterwards. 

In other words, if anyone using this product is expecting to have results like you would get from a total wash and detail, then forget it. It won't happen. But if you're looking for something to help make your car look decent between those washings, then this is what you want. :2thumbs:

I agree, I think my truck was right on the edge of the limits of this product, while my truck looks good after using this product I still feel like I have a lot of questions about when where and how to use it properly......

Nick

In other words, if anyone using this product is expecting to have results like you would get from a total wash and detail, then forget it. It won't happen.

I have only used the product one time and I can honestly say I didn't have the problem your describing.  In fact my windows turned out perfect to the point that I didn't even have to go back over them with window cleaner.  My paint looked just as good as if I had done a 2 bucket wash.

A rinseless should get you as clean as a 2 bucket wash assuming you are withing the limits of doing a rinseless wash.  For example after driving in the rain is a great time to do one like I did in this picture below.

IMAG1342_zps3260fcca.jpg

However, today the car was caked with salt, dirt, some staining, and other contaminates that required doing a 2 bucket wash twice, clay, and a light hand polish to remove.

I still use a hose for wheels, tires, and fender liners.

I've been washing the wheels, tires, and wheel wells like a normal wash while doing a rinseless for the rest of the car. The wheels, tires, and wheel wells are the only places that don't get completely clean when I do a rinseless for the whole car. 

Edited by lax

Good stuff.... Nick if it were me I would use a 5gal. bucket to give you more RCW to help your water stay cleaner........

I was wondering what the actual difference would be between a 5gal bucket and my little 1gal....other than the obvious 4gals of water.  :P

Nick

Well my truck really needed to be wash and with the storm completely surrounding my area today I didn't want to do a complete wash so I figured it was a great chance to try the Rinseless wash. It was cold and windy so I only took a few pics.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Now I know I didn't use this product correctly at all but I think I needed more drying towels because it kind of left swirls after drying that I had to go back over and hand buff back out.

Nick

I'm curious, your first pic, was this before or after the rinseless?

If it was before, then there is no doubt in my mind that the rinseless caused any swirls.

If it was after, then it may be due to grit gaurd/not enough water/technique.

Either way i am going out on a limb and assuming your truck is heavy on the swirls prior to the rinseless wash.  Time to invest in a machine polishing kit, and let the addiction begin.  Eventually you get to the point where you aren't seeing dirt on your car, you are seeing fine spiderwebbing (swirls) in the paint.  I'm still learning and have about a 95% correction on the G8, however as a winter driver, the snow brushes have been had on the paint.  Can't wait for spring to hit it again with the old 3 step system.

Cheers, and welcome!

I'm fairly certain that black truck needs a serious clay bar and polish as well.

Yes it needs both badly.....neither have been done in the two years I've owned it.

I'm curious, your first pic, was this before or after the rinseless?

If it was before, then there is no doubt in my mind that the rinseless caused any swirls.

If it was after, then it may be due to grit gaurd/not enough water/technique.

Either way i am going out on a limb and assuming your truck is heavy on the swirls prior to the rinseless wash.  Time to invest in a machine polishing kit, and let the addiction begin.  Eventually you get to the point where you aren't seeing dirt on your car, you are seeing fine spiderwebbing (swirls) in the paint.  I'm still learning and have about a 95% correction on the G8, however as a winter driver, the snow brushes have been had on the paint.  Can't wait for spring to hit it again with the old 3 step system.

Cheers, and welcome!

Yes the first pic is the before pic. And yes my paint has tons of "swirls/spiderwebs" . The swirls I was referring to in my post was the "hase" that was left by the Rinseless wash, which buffed out with another dry rag.

Nick

Well we had 2 inches of snow yesterday and the weather is suppose to be frigid for the next several days. I decided I could either go shovel snow or go in the garage and use my rinseless wash for the first time. Rinseless wash won that debate!

My car was pretty dirty with salt and such so what I did I got about 15 microfiber towels soaked in warm water and patted the towels over the areas with most of the dirt.

Then I followed the directions of the rinseless car wash. The results are amazing!

My wife thought I was crazy, but now I think I will be doing her car this evening!

Es

The OP did say he knows he didn't use this correctly but there are two things that stand out to me.  It sounds like you needed two buckets and not just one.  You were probably just pulling the dirt off the vehicle, putting it in your wash bucket, and then putting it right back on your vehicle (thus the haze).  Definitely need to invest in two bigger buckets both with grit guards.  Also, I'm not sure which silver towels you're using but either the metal polishing towels or the utility towels probably aren't the best for this.

The OP did say he knows he didn't use this correctly but there are two things that stand out to me.  It sounds like you needed two buckets and not just one.  You were probably just pulling the dirt off the vehicle, putting it in your wash bucket, and then putting it right back on your vehicle (thus the haze).  Definitely need to invest in two bigger buckets both with grit guards.  Also, I'm not sure which silver towels you're using but either the metal polishing towels or the utility towels probably aren't the best for this.

For a very brief time they sold silver towels that would have been appropriate for this. He is referring to those. Also, instead of another bucket and grit guards, he could invest in 4-6 more towels and then just switch to a clean one once one is dirty and that way you only need one bucket and no grit guards.

No I had two buckets. I used the microfiber towels just to "pat down" the car and get alot of the stuff on the car. I used a new microfiber towel for each section of the car. 

Once I did that I used the double soft towels with the 2 bucket system.

Of course driving today caused the car to get dirty again. So tonight I used the Total Interior Detailer!!!