Customer Service 866.965.0400

End the confusion please

07stanggt

Question

So, after using some rinseless wash and obtaining some pretty decent results, my question is, the rinsless wash video says to mix 2 ounces in a 5 gallon bucket and use it to "wash" your vehicle and then when you want to use it as a "waterless wash" Dylan says to mix 1 ounce in a 16 oz bottle. Sure does seem to be a big difference in the way the product works with so much more concentate in the 16 oz bottle compared to the way it is used in the 5 gallon bucket. If that ratio were correct, wouldn't you be using a lot more than 2 ounces in a 5 gallon bucket? I do like the new rinseless wash but have always been a little skeptical about wiping a dry vehicle without anything between the wash mit and the metal on the vehicle. Would it be a little safer to spray some waterless wash or rinsless wash on the vehicle first and then hit with the rinsless wash from the bucket? I did notice a little marring after I used the rinsless wash in a couple of areas but nothing that could not be corrected with a quick wax or buff.

9 answers to this question

I prespray the panel with the rinseless diluted to the waterless wash level before I use the rinseless wash and I know quite a few others do as well. It's also nice to have a pressure sprayer, you can find them in the gardening area of Lowes and Home Depot, to help make the prespraying easy on your hands.

Edited by Gen9Rolla

I use a pump sprayer to pre-soak the panel i'm about to use rinseless on, in particular the lower areas and front of the vehicle. I dilute it to 1oz per 1/2 gallon, spray the panel, and then use the 2 bucket rinseless approach with 1oz in 2 gallons of solution.   This 1/2 gallon pre soak dilution usually gets me though a wash with a little to spare. 

If the car has more than a dusting on it, I pre-spray the panels with my backpack sprayer.  Also, if the car's really dirty there's nothing wrong with hosing it off first to knock off the majority of dirt and then proceeding with the rinseless bucket.

The reason you need a higher concentration in the bottle is because you're just misting onto the panel and wiping like a WW.  When you're using a bucket there's a ton more solution being used for lubrication.

The reason you need a higher concentration in the bottle is because you're just misting onto the panel and wiping like a WW.  When you're using a bucket there's a ton more solution being used for lubrication.

Quote for Truth.  The extra water in the bucket is what protects from scratching as its a ton of lubrication when "mixed" at Rinseless ratio, I use about 3 oz in 4 gallons of water, and the fact you're using a wet rag to give the wipedown with the Rinseless wash.

Waterless Wash (1:16 dilution) is used as a dry product, light cleaning, etc.  However, as Dylan's video showed, I really don't use Waterless Wash dry, like he did on the mirrors of that Porsche when cleaning.  My Waterless wash in the spray bottle is used as a clay lube, light cleaning solution and detail spray.

While Dylan's video showing the 1:16 Waterless Wash dilution was a good showcase of the versatility of the product, I really don't do any "spray and wipe" on my cars when I use Rinseless.  I'll go over the top pillars, glass, etc, and the mirror with the same wet MF towel that is soaked in the Rinseless juice.  Dylan also mentioned the Porsche was not terribly dirty, so you are still able to use the product Waterless.  However if you're driving around in winter time, we all know how those mirrors get a nice coating of "winter road film" on them, so I prefer to go over them with my sopping wet Rinseless soaked rag in order to get a good cleaning on them as well.

The product takes a huge amount of faith, but just remember, when in doubt, spray it out, pre-soak if you must, and be sure to use good technique (cleaning your wash media often in the rinse bucket) and don't wring the towel out too much before going over a panel, I like my towels with just enough water held in to not be dripping, but if i press the towel against the panel, some water will run out.

I do like the new rinseless wash but have always been a little skeptical about wiping a dry vehicle without anything between the wash mit and the metal on the vehicle.

I would not use Rinseless Wash with a wash mitt.  Only with plush MF towels.  The new blue ones from Adam's are PERFECT!

Definitely won't get desired results by using one of the Wash Pads or Mits for Rinseless Wash.  During testing it was discovered that plush microfiber works better with the least amount of chance to induce damage.  I would recommend using either the Blue MF Towels or Single Softs as Rinseless Wash media.  I myself use Single Softs.

Lots of good advice given in the above posts, let's try and sum, some of it up...

• It's okay to blast off the heavy stuff at a co-op car wash first, water only.
  • Having a pressure sprayer on hand to pre-soak the panels is a good idea.
  • Pre-soaking the area with Rinseless diluted as Waterless is another method some people use. 
  • Use plush microfiber towels as Wash Media for this application.

Thanks for the great advice as usual. Did use my white single softs and now going to use those towels dedicated to rinseless wash after I saw the dirt come off the car. Washed them in the washing machine, came out fine, but do not dare use them to remove wax, glaze etc.Going to have to get more towels now. Man I get sucked in buying more stuff all the time, and I love it !!! Thanks again.

FWIW, using my dedicated Microfiber detergent (Similar to Adams MFR&B, 2 oz for large loads and thats it in the washing machine) and a double rinse and a wash in hot water, I wouldn't hesitate to use the towels I use with Rinseless for removing wax residues, they came out super clean. 

BINGO! A towel saturated with solution will be far more effective/safe than a small amount of product used on the surface with a dry towel.