Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine Waxing???

Desertstealth

Question

Hi,

I recently purchased the Cyclo machine polisher.  I will be using it for the first time this weekend.  My 2013 Blue Ray Metallic paint can really use a good polish to remove very light scratches and swirls.

I have all adams products and I plan on using the machine as follows:  Machine polish #1 followed by machine polish #2 followed by brilliant glaze.  I have foam pads for each of these three products.  My question is whether I should use the machine for Americana wax application?  Or, do all of you hand wax?

thanks!

Marcus

8 answers to this question

OK so it all depends on the severity of the damage to your paint.  You may EASILY get away with using the finishing polish and then moving to your LSP.  

Your best bet is to test an area you deem the worst with Finishing Polish, and if you can correct it in a 2-3 passes, use that for the whole car.  The goal is to use the least aggressive polish possible.  

So you have Correcting Polish which is the most aggressive, and then Finishing Polish which is what you'll finish with.  Both of these are machine polishes.

For paint cleaning, you can use Adams Revive Polish by hand.

You CAN use the machine for Americana application, but it's SO easy to do by hand, I recommend you do it that way.  Keep in mind, you want to do two or three panels and then go back and remove.  DO NOT let it haze over and then remove.  It's like concrete and it's NOT necessary.

Chris

I use the Americana as a topper wax solely, and although I have 2 waxing pads for my Porter Cable, I think I have waxed one time with the PC.  Waxing by hand with a nice applicator (Hex grips are wonderful), laying a thin coat is pure bliss for me.

I'm probably the only person on the boards who refuses to use any glaze on my vehicles, I don't like hiding imperfections, but I do understand its uses, if you have a show car, etc.  When my paint is clayed and polished, I do a coat of sealant (either Quick Sealant or Liquid Paint Sealant would be GREAT), to give my paint that 6+ months of protection and the beading action I want, then as a wow effect, a hand applied coat of Americana or other long lasting wax, that has minimal fillers if any.

Also, not sure if anyone from Adam's can chime in, but if you are doing the "layering" process I do (Sealant coat, then "topper wax" on top), the past liquid sealants I have used usually recommend 24 hours cure time before an additional coat, or a top coat of wax, even after buffing residues off the car.  Usually I'll spend the weekend doing everything and a coat of sealant, then the next weekend I'll wash my car as normal and do a hand applied coat of wax.

Also, not sure if anyone from Adam's can chime in, but if you are doing the "layering" process I do (Sealant coat, then "topper wax" on top), the past liquid sealants I have used usually recommend 24 hours cure time before an additional coat, or a top coat of wax, even after buffing residues off the car.  Usually I'll spend the weekend doing everything and a coat of sealant, then the next weekend I'll wash my car as normal and do a hand applied coat of wax.

That is what I did with MSS, but am looking forward to the 30 minute cure time with LPS!

AQS does not require but a max of 30 minutes cure time before topping.  I've used AQS extensively on our DD's over the past few years and it's proven to be amazingly long lasting while being easy to apply and remove.  I have NO reason to switch it up.  That being said, the new LPS is supposed to be a great product.  

AQS does not require but a max of 30 minutes cure time before topping.  I've used AQS extensively on our DD's over the past few years and it's proven to be amazingly long lasting while being easy to apply and remove.  I have NO reason to switch it up.  That being said, the new LPS is supposed to be a great product.  

Good to know about Quick Sealant, definitely an amazing product.  I wouldn't layer sealants (Quick Sealant than Liquid Paint Sealant example), but if you wanted to "topper wax" like I do, lay down a coat of Quick Sealant than Americana/Patriot/Buttery all in the same couple hours time frame!

And I hear you Chewy, sometimes I feel like waxes/sealants should be sold in smaller 8 oz containers, because in a couple years, there's always something new and exciting to try, but we all want to use the products on our shelf first :)

Edited by Ricky Bobby