Customer Service 866.965.0400

2009.5 G8 GXP Progress Thread

Chewy

What do you guys do on a rainy day? I cleaned up my PCV lines into my catch can by covering them with some sheathing and shrink wrapping all the ends. Then I installed my radiator cover which hides the catch can. I also conditioned the leather seats and SVRT'd the door cards and door seals. I put the conditioner on with my hands very thick so it'll have something to absorb. I'll level it off in a few days.

post-19-0-34941700-1397426519_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-34058000-1397426570_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-07472700-1397426718_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-68379500-1397426759_thumb.jpg

Are those the stock GXP mufflers? If you take them off, send one to me - I need something to deep fry a turkey in.

Those look like Corsa. Definitely not stock since they're clamped instead of bolted on.

A couple more things done. Got my new floor mats. Should spruce up the interior some. Also removed and plasti-dipped my front grill surrounds. I need to get the chrome on the Pontiac badge blacked out as well. Time is all I need! MORE TIME!!!

post-19-0-87904100-1398438459_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-07130000-1398438471_thumb.jpg

Very nice Chris! Need to get this thing beside my brothers car. Where did you get the stuff to clean up your catch can? I would like to something like that on the Ram. Its no show truck but its my only vehicle so I will do what I can to show it off. BTW I got a vararam for the Ram so I sort of do have something to show off lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had a little fun over the weekend.  My initial tune and dyno run netted me 494.45HP at the wheels.  I have some more tuning to do and I should be over the 500 mark.  All for poser bragging rights. 

Here's a link to a short video of it.  This motor hits HARD and strong!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOW6gLKEl-c

Had a little fun over the weekend.  My initial tune and dyno run netted me 494.45HP at the wheels.  I have some more tuning to do and I should be over the 500 mark.  All for poser bragging rights. 

Here's a link to a short video of it.  This motor hits HARD and strong!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOW6gLKEl-c

holy crap...you aint lying...it sure does hit hard!!!

holy crap...you aint lying...it sure does hit hard!!!

The torque comes on NOW!  It's a blast because you can be just tooling around and tap the throttle and it just lights them up.  

Wow. That is loud

You have NO idea!  What's funny is they don't drone AT ALL and they're VERY tame at cruising speed.  It's almost like there are flaps that open in them when you hammer on it.  IMO, Corsa makes one of the best systems out there.