Customer Service 866.965.0400

2009.5 G8 GXP Progress Thread

Chewy

Nice car!! My wife has a 2009 GT. It just has GXP mufflers,and a Spectre CAI for now. It has Camaro 20's and a GXP rear diffuser also.

My uncle and my aunt lived in Bettendorf for close to ten years or so,maybe more. He was the HR person for the Genesis Hospitals there in the Quad Cities. There both from Arkansas (like me),but they retired to Dallas to be near my cousins.

You have NO idea! What's funny is they don't drone AT ALL and they're VERY tame at cruising speed. It's almost like there are flaps that open in them when you hammer on it. IMO, Corsa makes one of the best systems out there.

Must be a blast to drive then! I sure am jealous when I read over the thread :)

Must be a blast to drive then! I sure am jealous when I read over the thread :)

Thanks! It can be as tame as a stock car or rip your bloody head off if you want it to.  I plan to take it 4 hours to the Dells in Wisconsin for a Pontiac show this fall.  Cool thing is, I'll be bringing my family with.  Can't do that in a Vette!   ;)

• 1 month later...

beautiful car!  I drove one for a couple hours a few years ago and I'm jealous!   Was it much of a job getting the valve covers off and back on when you painted them?

Sorry, I missed this post Johnny.  No, it's easy enough to get them on and off.  Just a little time consuming.  Not bad.  

Took the car on a longish trip this weekend.  Thursday we left for the Wisconsin Dells which is around a 4 hour trip.  Everything went as planned and the car even averaged around 22MPG which isn't bad for a 500RWHP car IMO.  

I used a TON of Adams Rinseless wash and WW towels.  I love that it's concentrated.  I brought a 16oz container of concentrate with me and made a couple extra bottles up there.  Every morning I'd wake up early and dry the dew off of it using the RW to lubricate it all.  My paint looks amazing still.  I can't see any noticeable swirls or hazing so I'm happy!  

Of course, I spent an hour taping up the front before going there and before coming home to protect the front as much as possible.  :) 

post-19-0-01942000-1412022554_thumb.jpeg

I'm sure you probably received a few weird looks with the front end taped up that much. Lol.

Yeah, but I'm used to it!  ;)  

On the way back I hit a toll and the attendant takes my money and says to me; "hammer it, let's see what it can do!"  

My wife just rolled her eyes and hung on! 

• 6 months later...

I haven't done much to the car since the weather has been poo for so long.  Seeing that I do a lot of shows and cruise-ins, I found that I needed a way to illuminate my engine bay in a clean way.  My goal was enough light to make it worthwhile, while not being able to see the light source.  

This is ONLY for hood up night time shows/cruise-ins.  There are NO lights under the car or in the grill.  NO FPFQ for me.   ;)

Anyway...  I thought I'd share.  It looks a lot better in person.  The iPhone camera is only capable of so much in the dark.   :)

Kind of a lame post...   :(

post-19-0-82262600-1427729881_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-92255300-1427730353_thumb.jpg

I've thought about doing a light under my hood. Where did you mount the light?

I mounted the strip right above the back of the engine.  I ended up using 100% pure silicone to glue it up there incase the engine heat caused adhesion issues.  See the link for the page of different LED strips.  The nice thing is these can run for hours without killing your battery.  

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_15?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=12v+led+light+strip+waterproof&sprefix=12V+LED+light+s%2Caps%2C210

A few more things completed!  Installed the new chrome free arrow heads from gtog8ta.com and primed up the plugs to fill in the holes left behind from removing my front license plate.  Just need to pull out the Flex, correcting and finishing polish and hit the spot where the plate once was and then I can put the plugs in.  

That's it for chrome on the car.  It's now chrome free other than inside the head lights. lol 

Next, I have to install the hidden plate under the front.  No need to draw any MORE unneeded attention.  When at the car shows, I can tuck it back under the car and BAM!  Clean lines once again! 

Chris

post-19-0-66139800-1427893610_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-25797000-1427893618_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-43159100-1427893626_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...