Customer Service 866.965.0400

I'm Back!

InDepthAutoDetailing

I know some of you follow me on FB and Instagram so you already know all this. Last July my wife and I decided to demolish the back deck and add a screened in porch to our house. Well, 6 months later we ended up with a very nice sunroom. My brother and I did everything except the decking and the shingles on the roof. Needless to say it kept me very busy. Between doing details, car shows, and construction it didn't leave much time for me to visit forums.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll be posting up some of those details. For now I'm going to share some pics of the new addition.

Here's what we started with:

post-3439-0-61287700-1389819468_thumb.jpg

Finished project. We ended up with a 14'x16' room and a little over 520 sqft of deck space.

post-3439-0-47070700-1389819526_thumb.jpg

post-3439-0-47070700-1389819526_thumb.jpg

post-3439-0-70424300-1389819591_thumb.jpg

post-3439-0-90825900-1389819627_thumb.jpg

post-3439-0-37140000-1389819647_thumb.jpg

post-3439-0-33874100-1389819550_thumb.jpg

post-3439-0-35422500-1389819567_thumb.jpg

Nice addition!  Around here, if you close in a porch they consider it another room (even if you just add screens all around) and reassess your property and jack your taxes up. 

My porches remain unenclosed ...................but I sure would like them like yours. Good job!

Turned out great.  But I have to ask have you thought about having that exposed wood on the outside that your going to have to treat every year or couple of years stucco'd ?  Just was curious, because looking at the rest of your house it looks as though you have no exterior painting.  

Thanks everyone! As much as I enjoyed it I'm glad it's finished.

Nice addition!  Around here, if you close in a porch they consider it another room (even if you just add screens all around) and reassess your property and jack your taxes up. 

My porches remain unenclosed ...................but I sure would like them like yours. Good job!

Rich, Luckily our property taxes aren't near as high as other places.

Turned out great.  But I have to ask have you thought about having that exposed wood on the outside that your going to have to treat every year or couple of years stucco'd ?  Just was curious, because looking at the rest of your house it looks as though you have no exterior painting.  

We thought about the maintenance and thought it was worth it. We really like the way the cedar looks. We're debating removing the vinyl and replacing it with more cedar.

that looks really nice, really like the exposed wood.  Only thing I see missing is an outdoor kitchen..... :)

Outdoor kitchen will be coming this spring, I hope. The company that did the rock for us also does outdoor kitchens. He said he would give us a deal. We are wanting to wrap the end of the octagon with a grill, sink, and possibly a refrigerator.